KLX250 or WR250X?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dmadman
In know way was I implying any one here was stupid and never meant it as an insult.It is just a picture that I found funny and if taken anyway it should be me that is not underestimated.If you want me to remove it that's not a problem.if I insulted you beardoge I am sorry and never meant anything by the pic.I have been using it as a sig for about 6 months now on other sites and never thought anything of it.before now I didn't think a picture of me and the wife would be so controversial.lol
I have NO PROBLEM WITH THIS!!!People always get upset about the TRUTH.

I was going to go look at a DRZ400S tomorrow but the guy canceled on me.Gonna do it on Sunday.I might go look at a WR250X tomorrow,gotta wait for confirmation.

I tell ya,with all the BS of trying to buy a used bike,I might just wait and buy a brand new one.Still pretty cold here any way.I can always ride my street legal mini bike until then.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:34 AM
1st Gear Member

I came real close to gettin a wr last summer, it is a sweet bike, but after doing alot of research on both the wr and klx I came to the conclusion that the klx was little bit better value for the money. Some may argue this with all the mods you have to throw at the klx to level up to the wr, but modding our klx is putting our own personal touch on them and hightens the attachment we have to these bikes. I love my bike and I haven't done half the mods most of you guys here have done, besides mod money will be spent on my terms. WR is cool but I'll stick with my green machine!

Old 03-14-2009, 03:37 AM
1st Gear Member

God I hate airports.....WHERE IS MY PLANE?????

Yo dmadman....I don't think deej was refering to your signature pic or it would be "poofed" lol ..... I think someone posted a pic on the thread you did not see and deej did not like.....unless the ip deej listed is you?? Thats why I asked for a copy of it.

If so .... I got no clue, but I doubt it... still no pic in the inbox....damn plane Where Art Thou Brother.

Get the ktm300 xcw smoker ..... its only money

Old 03-14-2009, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Yall with WR envy should just go buy one. It's not like you married your KLX or anything. Sell it, save up a little more, then buy something else. What's the worst that could happen?
roflmao....coming from someone who has $10k or so in his dirt bike w/all da accesories...lol

Worst that could happen....ummm my girl kick my azzze

Kiinda funny thou.... its my money until I spend it....then all of a sudden its OUR money...lol.........plane? Plane? PLANE?!!???

Old 03-14-2009, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLXPRESS
I came real close to gettin a wr last summer, it is a sweet bike, but after doing alot of research on both the wr and klx I came to the conclusion that the klx was little bit better value for the money. Some may argue this with all the mods you have to throw at the klx to level up to the wr, but modding our klx is putting our own personal touch on them and hightens the attachment we have to these bikes. I love my bike and I haven't done half the mods most of you guys here have done, besides mod money will be spent on my terms. WR is cool but I'll stick with my green machine!
I'd say the WR is a much better value,if it wasn't for the deal I can get on a KLX ($4000.00 for a brand new '07).But the KLX is weak and it would cost me $1000.00's to get 10 more HP out of it,which it might then match the WR.I have also found a brand new WR250X (2008) for $5000.00.Money better spent I'd say.Plus I'd really like a motard.I STILL might do the KLX.I can't decide...

Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by patmandoo
I'd say the WR is a much better value,if it wasn't for the deal I can get on a KLX ($4000.00 for a brand new '07).But the KLX is weak and it would cost me $1000.00's to get 10 more HP out of it,which it might then match the WR.I have also found a brand new WR250X (2008) for $5000.00.Money better spent I'd say.Plus I'd really like a motard.I STILL might do the KLX.I can't decide...
If I were in the market today I would get the WR. When I bought my KLX, all that Yammie had available here in Japan was the Serow and a plated WR250'F' which is OK for some, but I spend most of my time on pavement and didn't want a barely street worthy 5 speed buzz box on the expressways.

The WR250X/R is a totally different bike. It's state of the art, low maintenance and much more road worthy. With all of the touring I do, I power a lot of accessories, including heated clothing. With the KLX, you need to monitor the loads and charging state pretty closely. WR'F' ?...fugettaboutit! This isn't a problem on the WRX/R with its 380W stator...that's more than most bikes with twice the displacement.

Add-in the fact that you can get over 30RWHP with only an aftermarket pipe and power commander and that pretty much seals the deal.

Adding a Renazco saddle would be nirvana.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
roflmao....coming from someone who has $10k or so in his dirt bike w/all da accesories...lol

Worst that could happen....ummm my girl kick my azzze

Kiinda funny thou.... its my money until I spend it....then all of a sudden its OUR money...lol.........plane? Plane? PLANE?!!???
I doubt it's that much, but it's probably close, all told. I like dirt bikes, so sue me. Some people spend that much on golf clubs. I'd sure like to do the back nine ... on my dirt bike.

Can't help you with your girl, but if that's the worst that could happen, doesn't sound so bad. She'll get over it.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmadman
In know way was I implying any one here was stupid and never meant it as an insult.It is just a picture that I found funny and if taken anyway it should be me that is not underestimated.If you want me to remove it that's not a problem.if I insulted you beardoge I am sorry and never meant anything by the pic.I have been using it as a sig for about 6 months now on other sites and never thought anything of it.before now I didn't think a picture of me and the wife would be so controversial.lol

Ok its cool I guess, I assumed that your picture was directed to others on here. I jumped the gun.....Dang I hate when I do that. Sorry man. ......

Old 03-14-2009, 11:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Beardoge
Please.

28 hp wr250
24.5 klx250 means the wr has 12.2 percent more horspower a meager 3.5 HP.

17.7 lb.-ft. wr250
15.6 lb.-ft. klx250 means the wr has 11.8 percent more torque

I could fart 3.5 horsepower and give my bike that much extra power, for a short duration anyway.

IG is that you??
i had mine dyno'd with a full pipe, open air box, and a K&N with the backfire screen removed.. just top'd 19 ponies at the rear wheel.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
I'd sure like to do the back nine ... on my dirt bike.

LOL! I'd love to do the back nine that way We have satellite TV at work. There are a couple of avid golfers in the group who sometimes switch it to the Golf Channel amid groans of protest. That doesn't last long though or they'd probably get strung-up somewhere.

The only golf I'll watch is Happy Gilmore.

Quick Reply: KLX250 or WR250X?