KLX250 "Fashion"

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX250 "Fashion"

I ride with a white motocross helmet, purple/black goggles, a yellow mesh street jacket, blue/orange/white motocross pants, red/black motocross boots and just so I match, kawi green gloves. I ride with full armor whenever I am on the street or dirt. The mesh jacket is a good compromise between protection and staying cool. I have found the motocross pants to be a good compromise as they breathe better than jeans or pants. My knees are always protected with knee guards whatever pants I wear. I now have crashed twice with said gear, once on the street and once in the dirt. All the gear crashed very well both times.

I ride with either my street helmet or motocross helmet depending on the weather. The street helmet is hot but quiet. The motocross helmet, even with ear plugs, has lots of wind noise but it is nice and cool when you ride. I will not be wearing the motocross helmet for a long trip again. I just went on a 100 mile round trip and my head was ringing by the end of the trip.

I just saw these pants. http://www.newenough.com/firstgear_h...pants_page.htm These might be something you are looking for.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:50 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: okiswede81

Ok, I'm lost, what's a "super slab"?

That's what the Motorcycle mag guys call the super highway. It must be a SoCal thing....

Old 06-23-2006, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. I'll go check out the Rocket pants and the Firstgear pants. Ideally I want something that I could wear shorts and kneeguard and wear it on top of that. Does anyone know which manufacturer have the most loose cut? I have very large thighs in relation to my waist size.

Hey deej, I wish I had a legal trail only a few miles from my house. I would be there like every single day!

Old 06-23-2006, 09:54 AM
1st Gear Member

FM, Sounds like I'm built about like you, when I get "relaxed" fit jeans they usually fit like straight leg would for someone else but I used to mtn. bike alot but have gotten lazy.

The Rocket pants have knee, hip, and kidney armor. The hip and kidney is a little over 1/4" thick padding where the knee is much thicker harder foam and runs from 3 inches above the knee down my shin almost to the top of my 8" workboots. The foam is slightly pre curved but is also accordian like in that it flexes when you are seated. I went riding yesterday it was 81 degrees and no clouds, I had shorts under the pants and a T under the jacket with the outer liner attached but side vents opened. I was quite comfortable, heck I didn't even take the pants off when I stopped at a buddy's house for a few hours. I zipped down the sides (double zipper) while he gave me the tour of his new place. Being that this gear is designed as all weather gear I see no problem with off road riding and getting it dirty, just hose it off when you get home, its not like some fancy perforated leather street jacket or something.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Cool thanks for the advice.

I usually have to get the baggy fit jeans as the loose fit is usually skin tight, lol.

Something about mud and people....

I have gone into food establishments with a million dead bugs all over my leather jacket and people look at you funny.
There was a time after a mountain bike run where I couldn't avoid going through a huge pack of hundreds of dangling caterpillars. I went into the store to buy a bottled water and the guy behind the counter calmly says "sir you have caterpillars crawling all over you...."

But go into a store with mud all over you and people scream and run, and mothers grab for their children..........