KLX on a trailer hitch rack?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX on a trailer hitch rack?

This is one of the $100 ones off eBay. I read some positive comments on this, and other sites so I bought it. I am impressed with the quality of the rack. I haven't used it for a long haul yet, so it still has to stand that test, but others had nothing but good to say after using them . DanName:  IMG_1292.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  55.7 KB

Last edited by dan888; 03-22-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:37 AM
1st Gear Member

I used to haul mine with my Mountianeer but now haul it with my Mazda Cx-9 I made a adapter to go from 2" to 1 1/4" and it works great I haul it 205 miles each way to my second home.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:15 AM

Dan888

Why would you need one of those things if you own a truck like that?

We load the bike into te back of an old aussie ute that we have put aside for bike transport.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

that way ya still have the whole bed for gear and camping supplies.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Ems knows the deal.....I bought it for when we go camping. With the bike on the back I can put my topper on and loadthetruckfull of crap, and not worry if it starts raining.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Mine is almost finished being built.....but i got lazy and it's laying in the garage.I just have to angle up the one end for a wheel chock and add 2 more tubes for the forward facing tie downs.Mine is waaaaaayyyy overbuilt and ways about 85 lbs. but i also fabbed a cincher for the tongue so it won't wiggle or wobble in the reciever hitch assy. .
Also as noted before.....it's so i can jam more camping gear in the bed of the truck.I also made mine so that it is spaced far enough back that i can fully open the tailgate on my Dakota to access my gear while the bed cover stays on .........custom built by ME!!!!!

Old 05-04-2008, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

oh yeah...if you guys have sag problems with the bike in the hitch then you need to check out the solution.....Timbren blocks.
http://www.timbren.com/ses-kits.htm
point is ...they work.....I put them on my Dakota over 2 years ago and and i was hauling 1 atv in the bed and 2 on the trailer and the truck rode like stock and sat level........perfect for having a bike hauler with all the weight hanging off the back.....
Just my 2 cents on this one.....they work.

Old 05-04-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Also try roadmaster active suspension I put them on all my delivery vehicles and thier the best. http://www.activesuspension.com/index.htm

Old 05-04-2008, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Cool man where do u live at? I wouldnt mind checking it out sometime.

ORIGINAL: Truckman

Mine is almost finished being built.....but i got lazy and it's laying in the garage.I just have to angle up the one end for a wheel chock and add 2 more tubes for the forward facing tie downs.Mine is waaaaaayyyy overbuilt and ways about 85 lbs. but i also fabbed a cincher for the tongue so it won't wiggle or wobble in the reciever hitch assy. .
Also as noted before.....it's so i can jam more camping gear in the bed of the truck.I also made mine so that it is spaced far enough back that i can fully open the tailgate on my Dakota to access my gear while the bed cover stays on .........custom built by ME!!!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I also use an Ultimate MX Hauler.
I use it on the back of a Honda minivan.
18 months now without a hitch.

Quick Reply: KLX on a trailer hitch rack?