klx stolen

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: klx stolen

ORIGINAL: LearjetMinako

I feel some of your pain. I've been in the scene before, just not GTA, but house robbiery. Once it happens, life never seems to be the same again. I just try to remember as a milestone in history. Don't let it devirer you. Report it to the police, and hopefully something will turn up.

And yes, I would be ever so pissed too. I love my KLX, and would consider it again.
+1 you carry a grudge (at least I do) I had some kids (assuming) steal my beloved snowboard and my bow hunting stuff. I hope they killed themselves with it, well not kill, but seriously hurt themselves.

I feel your pain.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I feel your pain!!! My Klx250 was Stolen at the beginning of august. I Had Insurance So I recovered most of my loss. I did purchace another KLX with my insurance cheque!So to helpprevent this from happening again I Just purchaced my first home with a garage!!
The cops phoned me the other night and told me tat they recovered what was left of the bike. They found it along with another stolen bike in the back of a new and also stolen pick-up on fire at the river!![:'(]Some Peoples children!!!

Ken

Old 10-20-2007, 12:12 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SavageKen

The cops phoned me the other night and told me tat they recovered what was left of the bike. They found it along with another stolen bike in the back of a new and also stolen pick-up on fire at the river!![:'(] Some Peoples children!!!

Ken
Jesus dude!

Old 10-20-2007, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

acgill, I know exactly how you feel, my ktm adv was stolen just over three weeks ago. I posted on every local hunting, fishing, biking, fourwheeling etc forum I could find (WITH PICS). Didn't post here, no florida riders, but on adv etc.

Well as it turns out a guy that I kinda knew thru my favorite fishing forum, saw my adv....called the cops and followed at a distance. Cops showed and persued. Dumb **** f'ercouldn't rideandwiped out along the RR tracks. Long story I got my bike back about a weekafter it was stolen. Keep your hopesup and put out the word big time.

ps The thief got away after falling down and running off into the hood. Here's a pic of my ignition when I got it back......looks like a screwdriver with a couple good smacks from a hammer and you got a bike. [:@]

Name:  DSC01071.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  57.1 KB

Old 10-20-2007, 06:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, that almost looks too easy, FM. Glad you got it back. Seems like something asupscale asa KTM adv. should have some sort of smart key system...especially in this day and age.

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

acgill, I know exactly how you feel, my ktm adv was stolen just over three weeks ago. I posted on every local hunting, fishing, biking, fourwheeling etc forum I could find (WITH PICS). Didn't post here, no florida riders, but on adv etc.

Well as it turns out a guy that I kinda knew thru my favorite fishing forum, saw my adv....called the cops and followed at a distance. Cops showed and persued. Dumb **** f'ercouldn't rideandwiped out along the RR tracks. Long story I got my bike back about a weekafter it was stolen. Keep your hopesup and put out the word big time.

ps The thief got away after falling down and running off into the hood. Here's a pic of my ignition when I got it back......looks like a screwdriver with a couple good smacks from a hammer and you got a bike. [:@]

Old 10-20-2007, 06:25 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Well as it turns out a guy that I kinda knew thru my favorite fishing forum, saw my adv....called the cops and followed at a distance. Cops showed and persued. Dumb **** f'er couldn't ride and wiped out along the RR tracks. Long story I got my bike back about a week after it was stolen. Keep your hopes up and put out the word big time.

Dang, Finger, I hope the rest of your bike is OK. I'm glad you got it back, I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

acgill, sorry to hear about your bike, man. I'd be real pissed if anyone did something like that. We've been fortunate here, but I know it can happen to anyone at any time.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Sucks he got away FM. I was hoping he had split his head open on the railroad or something awful. I hate theives.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear that, i know how you feel, i had my Honda stolen out of my truck, its a sick feeling,
don't they make a tracking deviceyou could put on a bike?

Old 10-20-2007, 11:07 AM
1st Gear Member

never had anything like that stolen from me..just one time someone stole my plates and my wife's purse from my truck..it was winter, f#ckin cops wouldn't even come to the scene to check for prints, but it was winter and i managed to follow their tracks from the truck behind a building and recovered my wife's purse..they slid all the cards from her purse into the snowbank and you could just barely see slots in the snow, a little digging and I managed to recover almost all of the cards, no plate though, probably slapped iton a stolen car somewhere

regarding the bike...I've heard of people installing a battery switch on them..hidden somewhere so they cannot start it..something we all should consider..switches are cheap

Old 10-20-2007, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry for your loss.

If you are worried about some teenage kid taking a screwdriver or rock to your keyed ignition, a disk brake lock will make them move on to an easier target.

If the thief will heave it into the bed of a pickup for parts, there isn't much you can do besides file the insurance claim.

Quick Reply: klx stolen