KLX sighting in Kennesaw, Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:48 PM
Default KLX sighting in Kennesaw, Georgia

Just wondering if it was anyone from here? White guy (late 30s-early 40s) on a KLX yesterday (july 7th) on Cobb Pwy - behind a red pick up with a cruiser bike loaded in it.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Default RE: KLX sighting in Kennesaw, Georgia

Nope wasn't me. I took an unexpected dive from my KLX into some boulders[:@]. Was going down a really steep and nasty hill at the power lines with a bunch of exposed boulders coming out from the earth and many drop offs, this is one of the hills where if you commit, you gotta keep going, too steep to stop. Well my front wheel washed out and I slipped off and dove onto an exposed boulder, large piece of granite. Keep in mind that the whole side of the hill was granite, solid rock, very slippery. Ended up with some cracked ribs, messed up shoulder, and a hematoma the size of a baseball in my right thigh, ouch. The bike had a broken clutch and shattered the speedo. But I'm healing up and can't wait to get back out there

Old 07-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey I was heading down a really steep hill a while back, it seemed too steep for me to be on, then the guy I was with showed me an old trick I had forgotten about. Kill the motor and then use the clutch to drag-brake the bike down the hill, while using the front brake slightly, and I emphasize the word slightly. You'll be surprised how controlled you can keep your bike on really steep downhill trails.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:56 AM

Dang Bill!!! Was this the ride you emailed me about? Yilkes. I've heard stories about those hills out there. Guess they were true, huh? Hurry up and get well.

Had a second KLX sighting today. This one in Woodstock, just down from Carmel Elem. I was out riding my Triumph with a friend from work who was on his Suzuki Blvd. Younger white guy in his late teens or early 20s. Bike had recently been offroad (dirty) and was still sporting a drive out tag!! Again - anyone from here?

Old 07-12-2006, 06:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow Incabiker, I hope you and your bike heal fast.

Old 07-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Dang incabiker, I know that hurts. I cracked a few ribs while mountain biking a few years back. They hurt for about six weeks. [:@] Hope you heal up faster than I did, but I guess that's about the going rate for bones to heal. Take care, buddy.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh I forgot, get better soon man sorry to hear about the spill.[sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 07-12-2006, 02:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your getoff Bill hope you get well soon, if you wanna save some weight instead of replacing you speedo with a stock one try a trailtech speedo. I can't see the website right now but google it you will find it
deej I tried that last time I went out (engine off, in gear) the bloody bike ended up sideways across the track when the back wheel fell into a gully and locked up, the front wheel went where I wanted it but the back just locked and slid into a gully going a different way. Lucky I was able to stop as I had just got to the bottom of the hill, I'm not too keen to try that again

Old 07-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Hey I was heading down a really steep hill a while back, it seemed too steep for me to be on, then the guy I was with showed me an old trick I had forgotten about. Kill the motor and then use the clutch to drag-brake the bike down the hill, while using the front brake slightly, and I emphasize the word slightly. You'll be surprised how controlled you can keep your bike on really steep downhill trails.
That's what the back brake is for - it takes a light touch, though. I don't know of anyone who cuts their engine like that - doesn't seem very "professional" to me. Do you think David Knight does that?

Old 07-14-2006, 07:17 AM

ok .... once again, I've seen another KLX250S in Kennesaw, Ga. This one had been offroading lately too (dirty) and went past me twice within 15 minutes. In Kennesaw on Jiles Rd near the entrance to Legacy Park Subdivision. It'd be different if I was seeing the same guy each time, but I'm not and all within the last couple weeks. Maybe I've found the center of the KLX250S universe and this where's they're being dropped? I dunno - just seems strange is all.

Quick Reply: KLX sighting in Kennesaw, Georgia