KLX North Florida Scrub Fest Voting and Sign In

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member
Default KLX North Florida Scrub Fest Voting and Sign In

Well what doyouguys say? I think it's time to start a thread,I'll start by suggesting thesecond or third weekend in January for a three or four day weekend at the Ocala National Forest (aka the Scrub), free camping vs cabins or both. Quads, bikes and girls welcome .

Lets hear some suggestions on dates so we can make this work. I think it would be a lot of fun to meet some of you guys. Lots of sandy riding, good S. Fl food and more riding. Campfires and beer too.

Post up some dates that are good for ya......... all other suggestions are welcome and my be ridiculed.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:43 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX North Florida Scrub Fest Voting and Sign In

I'll put my name in as a want to go and there's a good chance I will, but I can't commit until the time gets closer, but I'm not a sure thing. Those dates sound good and the type of riding sounds awesome. If I can make it, I will.

Old 10-31-2007, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Did someone say beer? Any chance of making the trip for sometime in april, I could absolutely commit then? If not, The week of martin luther king would be best for me. The holiday is on the 21st, so that week. As mentioned before I take care of some properties on the side, and snow removal is one of the things I do. I could try to get someone to cover me, but would still be real nervous. Let me know your thoughts fm. I could probably also commit for my brother for a april trip. He is a pysical therapist in sunny Fla, so he's real busy with the snowbirds during the winter months.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:20 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cool change
Did someone say beer? Any chance of making the trip for sometime in April, I could absolutely commit then? If not, The week of martin luther king would be best for me. The holiday is on the 21st, so that week.
Well I think the fun, for most, is to come to Fl when it is temperate here and cold up there. I live down here and can always do April too.

So a Jan 21st weekend is acceptable? Lets see what others post.

What's up with this snow stuff ........is it cold?

Old 10-31-2007, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

Snow is lovely, kinda like your mosquitoes. :-) Actually it really isn't warm here in april, and where the forest is in fla , really isn't that warm in january. I've been in pt charlotte, and have seen frost in january, and that's way down from ocala forest. In april should be real nice and cozy up where the forest is, but not hot yet. It's hard to commit to january because so much can go wrong weather wise, and travel wise. I might even be able to get a few other people to make the trip in april, because were all in the same boat during the winter. Sorry for screwing up your trip after only 3 post:!! :-)

Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Ain't screwing up a trip just an idea ........ dats why I called it voting and sign in perhaps we'll do both or neither....lets see what happens.

PS Stop Derailing ....... just cus you don't show .........

Old 11-01-2007, 02:02 AM
1st Gear Member

As confuscious once said"I"m confused" I didn't understand The PS part of your last post.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds good FM, keep me posted!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: cool change

As confuscious once said"I"m confused" I didn't understand The PS part of your last post.
basically, he wants you to STFU and accept that his planned trip will be in January and maybe therecould be another one in April. And he doesn't want to fight about the meteorological aspects of climates that may or may not be warm in different parts of the southeast at different parts of the year. At least that's what I got out of it. I know it was 30 degrees fahrenheit this morning at the bus stop with the kids with frost all over everything. it's comin'.[&o]

Old 11-02-2007, 02:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Iowa, that was such a funny and concise post, I turned off my block. I want to see what your typing. lol

Nobody wantsto come to sunnyN Fl in January

Here's a pic of the Salt Springs Cabins......only $80/night for a two bedroom........could sleep a bunch if you are economical.......camping is free.

PS......I reserved one already Brian

Edit: No credit card.... just held one for both weekends

Sully good to hear from ya, I'll be up at the scrub quite a bit during late November and early Dec.

Quick Reply: KLX North Florida Scrub Fest Voting and Sign In