klx no hemet accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Default klx no hemet accident

I dont feel safe without a helmet, even just goofing around. Yesterday I got together with a few friends. I was on the klx, there were 2 4-wheelers and on dr650. My friend on the dr wanted to take my bike for a spin while I was on the phone. He usually wears a helmet but didnt bother putting it on. He has been in the ICU since about 6:30 yesterday. He has some injuries to his torso (2 broken ribs, punctured lung, and a broken collar bone) but the main concern is that he has some bleeding in his brain. Saw him at lunch and he seems much better than last night. Luckily it looks like he may make it out of this with no major long term effects.

Be safe.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Default RE: klx no hemet accident

Hope your friend gets better.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Yikes, sorry to hear about your friend - besides hurting himself what's the damage to the bike?

#1) I wear my helmet to cover my bald spot and, #2) My girlfriend is an S.T. at Barrow Nuerological Institute and is constantly telling my about the latest motorcycle victim in the OR.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear about your bro man.[&o]it only takes a split second and life changes.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I just had my first accident on my new KLX laid it down a the concrete at 35mph. Tore through my gloves ground my fingers down, kneecaps ground off and screwed up the ligaments in my left leg. I was wearing my helmet and most of my gear but the 8 beers may have been a contributing factor.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Hope he gets better,bleeding on the brain is a scary thing,not to mention thepunctured lung to boot.The collarbone may keep him off a bike for a long time.Give him our best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Eight beers will do it - I only drink Sake when I'm riding my Kawasaki : )

Old 07-03-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Booze and bad/no gear will do it every time. As careful as you can be **** still happens but-
DON'T DO ANYTHING AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO YOU.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:49 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Beardoge

Well I just had my first accident on my new KLX laid it down a the concrete at 35mph. Tore through my gloves ground my fingers down, kneecaps ground off and screwed up the ligaments in my left leg. I was wearing my helmet and most of my gear but the 8 beers may have been a contributing factor.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]
I hope you're kidding about the beer and riding. If not, you're stupid. I'm sorry but I have no tolerance for anyone who drinks and drives anything, be it a boat, car or bike. And the Darwin award goes to:......[sm=smiley21.gif]

Quick Reply: klx no hemet accident