Klx has a new roomate...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Klx has a new roomate...

Well there's a new (new to me) bike in the stable. 1998 Buell S1 White lightning 4k miles. Bought it from my brother-in-law who was downsizing his Harley collection. I have a new understanding of torque now... But don't worry, my KLX will always be my first love and she ain't goin' anywhere soon. Just had to share...

Name:  009-2.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  148.2 KB Name:  011.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  100.9 KB Name:  003-3.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  151.7 KB

Last edited by klx250scott; 03-14-2009 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:55 AM
1st Gear Member

very nice.great looking bikes.I particularly like the beer holder on the front of the 5 horse.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmadman
very nice.great looking bikes.I particularly like the beer holder on the front of the 5 horse.

That's the REAL beast. I use it to cause a ruckus in the cul-de-sac.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice lookin bike, how many CCs? I noticed you have street tires on your KLX, do you ever take it offroad?

I'm not really looking for a second bike, but I do keep my eyes open in case something interesting pops up. This evening after work I went out for a street ride. I saw a Suzuki TS250 for sale tied up to a telephone pole. I thought "Hmm, another 250 enduro, but this one a 2 stroke, and probably for cheap. Hmmm.......good backup/buddy bike...." I turned around and checked it out. No price tag, just a telephone #. No right side mirror. No turn signals. A license plate holder, but no plate. A few minor dents, but looks fairly sound except for what I said. I didn't write down the #, didn't feel like getting the bike back up to street legal status. I'm not too handy with that sort of thing.

Second bikes are cool, glad you found one. I'll always keep an eye out for one, but it has to be something too good to pass up. The TS250 wasn't that good.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lostnite66
Nice lookin bike, how many CCs? I noticed you have street tires on your KLX, do you ever take it offroad?

I'm not really looking for a second bike, but I do keep my eyes open in case something interesting pops up. This evening after work I went out for a street ride. I saw a Suzuki TS250 for sale tied up to a telephone pole. I thought "Hmm, another 250 enduro, but this one a 2 stroke, and probably for cheap. Hmmm.......good backup/buddy bike...." I turned around and checked it out. No price tag, just a telephone #. No right side mirror. No turn signals. A license plate holder, but no plate. A few minor dents, but looks fairly sound except for what I said. I didn't write down the #, didn't feel like getting the bike back up to street legal status. I'm not too handy with that sort of thing.

Second bikes are cool, glad you found one. I'll always keep an eye out for one, but it has to be something too good to pass up. The TS250 wasn't that good.
The Buell is 1203 cc and 103 hp...The "S1 White lightning" was a hopped up Lightning....I'm still adjusting to the power and different feel. Only had it a little bit.

Re: the KLX...I put street tires on because I wore out the stock tires in no time flat cuz I was on the pavement quite a bit more than dirt unfortunately. Since I now have a street-only bike, I will put a more aggressive dirt tire back on the KLX since the stock tires stink for off road.

Old 03-11-2009, 05:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lostnite66
The TS250 wasn't that good.
Mind you the TS250 is about 30 years old ......

Old 03-11-2009, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow, that bike is fancy. Gonna take it to the track?

Old 03-11-2009, 07:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx250scott
The Buell is 1203 cc and 103 hp...The "S1 White lightning" was a hopped up Lightning....I'm still adjusting to the power and different feel. Only had it a little bit.

Re: the KLX...I put street tires on because I wore out the stock tires in no time flat cuz I was on the pavement quite a bit more than dirt unfortunately. Since I now have a street-only bike, I will put a more aggressive dirt tire back on the KLX since the stock tires stink for off road.
did you have your buell dyno'd?I would think it would be higher then 103.did a quick google and seen 98 buell s1 at 115 and even that seemed low as my 929 is putting out 130+.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
Mind you the TS250 is about 30 years old ......
Oh yeah, I believe it to be around a '77 or '78, around there. I remember the early 80's TS bikes were blue, and the DS line was red. This was a red bike, so probably pre 80's. I thought if it was immaculate and had a very low price, it could be a good find. But it was far from that. It took little time and effort to turn around and check it out, I had nowhere else in particular to go to. Worth a look just in case.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Air or liquid cooled? I owned an air cooled and would have loved a TS250X, the liquid cooled. Nice bike the X

KLXscott if you put a space between the photos they will go below each other instead of across the screen. Makes it easier to view

Quick Reply: Klx has a new roomate...