klx 351 vs Yamaha wr 250

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Zombie wolf read the thread completeyly before you make retarded comments plz!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=790816

Heres all my dyno info fairly close to what I said! Sorry I was a little high with mods will be between 30.5 and 33hp not 35 my bad!!!

Last edited by SavageKen; 02-19-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SavageKen
Zombie wolf read the thread completeyly before you make retarded comments plz!!!!!!
Stay on topic, and stop bragging about your 250F. Oh, and if you want to call me a retard, you'll look smarter if you spell my name right.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I totally agree with the people who say the KLX is a piece of crap. I mean, compared to my ZX-6R, its a wimpy slow pile of trash.

The suspension is all soft and squishy, the tires look like something off like, a dirt bike or something, and its only got like what ? One cylinder ? What a joke.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SavageKen
Check the WR/YZF section there is*!!!!!!!!
If you'r referring to me, you're off base. I was actually being sarcastic towards the ZW guy. I've seen his posts and reactions to them so I thought I'd join the fun.
Anyway, I don't have the charts where I can find them and that's fine if you don't believe me. No one ever does until they ride it. It was dyno'd by FBF in pa after I didn't believe the original owner. Stroker claimed the same hp figures but it's their motor with the exception of cams and head\cyl work. Bought the bike used from a team green rider...I'd never build the bike myself as it is very expensive as it has far more mods than just the motor. I know what kind of hp most of the mid level f bikes can get, I'm not a novice in that respect. My klx has extensive engine work and puts out a lot of hp but is hard on clutches and will get hot if you're not careful. It runs like a 2stroke and has no 'thumper' type charactersitics at all. I just saw a chance to buy a built 4stroke at the end of 1999 for relatively cheap and went for it....I was into 2 strokes at the time(still am).
If you took the klx450 and went into the motor I'd bet you'd see a healthy gain in hp besides just exhaust and jetting. If you haven't ported your motor with the BB kit, you've yet to realize the kind of power that can be had but it comes at the expense of some aspect of rideability, possibly reliability.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wildcard
I totally agree with the people who say the KLX is a piece of crap. I mean, compared to my ZX-6R, its a wimpy slow pile of trash.

The suspension is all soft and squishy, the tires look like something off like, a dirt bike or something, and its only got like what ? One cylinder ? What a joke.
Werd and I still have to kick-start mine!

Old 02-20-2011, 11:30 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stroker331
Are the WRX and WRR equipped with a different motor than the WRF? They look like shim and bucket designs so maybe a de-tuned wrf motor? Anyway, the wrf is a formidable bike with the right mods...build it to yzf specs or as said, an athena big bore kit. The later models have good ergos with a big tank. I don't have any experience with the bill blue motors but if they are like the Thumper big bore kits, you get more torque and revving it doesn't give you more power...not big on HP. I find in the woods more hp on a smaller motor gives you a fast bike. My klx331 was dyno'd at 38hp and it runs with 450's in the woods..quicker thru the trees and stays with them in the short straights. I hardly ever use lowend torque and it's very close to a 2 stroke in regards to the powerband and isn't a hard transition from the 331 to my yz250.
Maybe this was answered somewhere in the other threads, but if so, I missed it. The WRR and WRX do not use the same engine as the WRF and YZF...totally different. I heard a Yamaha rep claim that the WRR and X use a cylinder/head configuration from one of the Yamaha R1 1000cc models...in other words, one cylinder design from the R1. I have no idea if that's true. The F series Yamaha's are true race bikes and engines from the bottom up. The R/X dual sport engine uses practically nothing from the F series. When the R/X model came out I thought it used the same engine, but the shop I used to work at had a YZF and a WRR, and it was very evident they were completely different engines.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stroker331
Werd and I CAN still kick-start mine!
Feexed it fer ya!