klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:26 PM
IG
Default RE: klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525

I know what you mean. It seems that once I state my opinion some of these guys can't not try to start some type of argument. Then they make stuff up about me or something they think I've said. It's pretty pathetic to be honest. I mean I can understand someone arguing against one's opinion, I do it I admit. But in every thread that I post??? Come one you IG addicts, get some counseling. If I think N1TC needles rule or Polaris' suck, so be it. Same with your made in china moose/fmf/dj whatever jet kits.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Why do you keep calling him "Forrest"???
I saw the movie and Mr. Gump had it going on, seamed semi intelligent and was relevant.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Did you ever notice that Forrest was always right in the middle of all the notable things during those times. It was as if he couldn't be more relevant! If there were to ever be someone so "in the middle of things" they would usually reflect that by being much wiser and inciteful than any one else. Are you catching the sarcasim here? All the time while being socially backward.

Oh well, it did get his dander up a little, and I enjoyed that.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Run, Forrest, run!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:06 PM

this is getting old really quick. i was tryin to liven things up around here and put an interesting topic. now the only reason its interesting is because everyone is arguing, and not about anything i posted about. IG, instead of me respecting sinkoman how bout you respect things other people own like our bike. and i never said this bike was a killer machine. its a trail based wheeler that looks like a racing machine. i know a trx 450 or yfz 450 will haul a$$. and speakin of that my 2 friends have a trx 450 and crf 250X. the x not r.which means its atrail bike. they go from dead stop and its about perfectly even. dirtbikes are easily quicker. maybe you {IG} just don't know how to ride and have fun and make a "slower" bike actually work good. all you seem good at right now is talkin. i never meant to start a war. but some people just can't say "oh good for you." or "thataway to show a trash talker." which someone actually did. thanks. i miss how this site used to be when i first joined. now people are just a$$holes. { IG }

Old 01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

And some of them play with dirty toilet paper......[:'(]
I guess I would accept a post like yours considering you just got the prior one handed back to you like dirty toilet paper.
I'm sorry, if someone dropped/passed dirty TP I wouldn't accept it let alone pick it up and give it back...blech...nasty.

Not to take anything away from you kawiridr but I wonder if the 525 has a throttle stop in it from the factory like some of the Yamaha bikes? Alot of the quads are geared such that they top out around 65-70, or used to be anyway.

Going in another direction the Outlaw 525 is 375lbs ( wet weight included oil, coolant, brake fluid) and Top speed is said to be 76 mph (with stock gearing) and crank output is a claimed 51.5 horsepower, considerably more than the stock 450s (taken from www.atvsport.com).

Compare that to a stock KLX which is 290lbs wet (with gas (+ or - 10lbs as I forgot what the actual posted weight was, it was in the 290's though) ) with a crank output of 24-29 hp depending on which stat you look at.

So, Outlaw 7.28 lbs/hp compared to the KLX 11.15 lb/hp (used 26 hp average) and the Outlaw has shorter gearing...the numbers say the Outlaw should have just run away.

In the end, you smoked him...congrats dude! Putting 50 hp down with the low profile ***** that come on sport quads doesn't always work so well, I'd say you got the holeshot due to lack of traction but in the end it didn't matter

Old 01-15-2008, 11:30 PM

well thanks for the congrats and i really do understand where alot of yu are coming from. i thought the outlaw would kill my bike. but it didn't. i guess sometimes you going by the numbers can backfire on you. your right 100% this bike looked like it would smoke mine any day by the stats. but who knows all i know is i won and i was pleased. and i'm gonna keep riding and enjoy my bike. i like my klx for trails, lake bottoms and occasionally going down the road { without any street legal parts or license }. and lastly i think my bike has plenty of power and if someone else doesn't think so that's fine, i stil love my bike. i've not really found any trail or hill my bike hasn't gave me a great shot at doing. you just gotta let it break in and maybe uncork it, now its a great running bike and my funnest hobby. i think from here on we should drop this subject and reply to others so we don't argue anymore. thanks

Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bryantjt
Going in another direction the Outlaw 525 is 375lbs ( wet weight included oil, coolant, brake fluid) and Top speed is said to be 76 mph (with stock gearing) and crank output is a claimed 51.5 horsepower, considerably more than the stock 450s (taken from www.atvsport.com).
If that's the KTM 525 RFS engine, then that's reasonable, based on the dyno curves I've seen.

But isn't it hard to directly compare a bike and a quad in this way? The quad would be at a big weight disadvantage, and least 100 lbs right off the bat. Then there is rider weight - don't know anything about how you two measure up in physical stature. Traction would be very different between the two machines also - which one hooks up better on your drag strip? Seems like rider skill could be the most important factor.

Maybe the thing to do would be to race again. Then swap machines and race a 2nd time. That should take the rider out of the equation anyway.

I guess a more direct comparison would be to run the KLX against a KTM 525 (same engine). I wonder how that would turn out? You might still win on the KLX, at that point it all depends on the rider.

I just don't think comparing a bike to a quad this way tells you very much. Too many variables. Good bragging rights over your bro, though.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:07 AM

Kawasaki Forum is like a box of chocolates you don't know what your gona git till ya git inside!

Old 01-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Beardoge
Everytime I look at race results KTM's are always WAY down the list. Sometimes they make it in the top 10 but not often.
Which results are you looking at? KTM on the podium in the first AMA SX Lites race this year. KTM came in 2nd in the AMA MX Nationals this year with lots of top 5 finishes in the series. KTM came in 2nd in the AMA National MX Lites points in 2006. As of right now, KTM is leading the Canadian MX lites winning 4 out of 4 motos. KTM is on the podium a lot in Europe.

That's MX and SX where KTM is not even a big player. Want to talk about Enduro and the GNCC? How much time do you have?

Did you see that Honda had 11 out of 22 bikes in the SX main at Anaheim 1 this year? Fully half the field on Hondas. With that number of Honda's in the race, they sure have a pretty good statistical chance of a good finish, but they didn't even get on the podium. Does that mean Honda's are bad bikes?

KTM had 1 entry, Nick Wey, who is a decent rider, but not a star like Stewart or Reed.

While we all like to see our favorite MFG do well, I think the reality is that it comes down to the rider more than anything. MX is not KTM's bread and butter so they don't put a huge effort into it with the high dollar star riders and a large number of entries into the field. What's Honda's excuse?

Quick Reply: klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525