klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525

The chain and sprocket is in the middle....when did they start doing that? Be nice, I'm old.[8D]

Old 01-15-2008, 06:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

nah, the solid axle is what I'd go after again. I mean, what's the benefit of ifs in the rear? Less travel and even less durability? I didn't even realize Honda had that out now. I am corrected and admit it as usual.
Wait a minute!!!!! Hold the presses!!!!!

Did IGump just say that new technological advances isn't better??????

I can't believe my eyes!!! Did he say that less rear suspension travel is no benifit???

I know, I know, those things are only better when refering to the '09 KLX....
my bad [:@]

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=laughat.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 06:22 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

nah, the solid axle is what I'd go after again. I mean, what's the benefit of ifs in the rear? Less travel and even less durability? I didn't even realize Honda had that out now. I am corrected and admit it as usual.
Wait a minute!!!!! Hold the presses!!!!!

Did IGump just say that new technological advances isn't better??????

I can't believe my eyes!!! Did he say that less rear suspension travel is no benifit???

I know, I know, those things are only better when refering to the '09 KLX....
my bad [:@]

[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=laughat.gif]
I don't think I've ever said that thereduced susp. travel on the new KLX was a good thing, in fact I think if you go back and research what I've said you'll find that it is the only concern I have with the new bike along with the new rear fender as I'll have to wait to see one in person to make a final judgment on that. If I've ever mentioned it being positive it was in the fact that the valving has been improved so as to help the reduced travel. Better valving along with an inch or more reduction in travel could be much better than the terrible valving like the old KLX comes withand the added 1.5" or so that you also get. Come on dude, get your facts straight before you post.
Also, when talking reduced travel between a quad and a bike, I think the reduced travel on a heavy off-road only quad is more substantial than on a street legal enduro bike. Or do you just want to argue?

Old 01-15-2008, 06:39 PM
1st Gear Member

not a very good save on that one Forest.

But nice try anyway [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: klx 250s vs. Polaris outlaw 525

Christini's Came out with front wheel drive for Dirt bikes, How cool would it be if they came out with a front wheel drive for thisquad..[sm=smiley20.gif]. IG I do agree with you on the solid rear Axel but only if I was going to race. I had the legendary 89Honda trx 250r, (I loved that thing) And If we were riding the local sand pits or MX track it could not be touched, but when we went trail riding their were times where i wishedI had more ground clearance example: stream crossings, Mud bogs, snow, Stumps, Rocks, and ruts. If I was in the market for a quad I think I would give this Hondaa try. Its Like you said its not necessarily better but just different and it seems that this quad would suit my needs better.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Why do some people feel the need to try to explain everything in trivial detail?
Bore's me to death I tell you.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:52 PM
IG

whatever dude. it's the truth. I challenge you to go back and provide proof of me saying anything about the reduced suspension travel on the new '09 KLX as being a good thing and that it is an improvement. I guess I would accept a post like yours considering you just got the prior one handed back to you like dirty toilet paper. You lost bud. I'll be waiting on your proof of me saying what you said I said. Let's see it there forrest. You simply can't hang with me and I find it entertaining every time you try to.[sm=lol.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 07:53 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

Why do some people feel the need to try to explain everything in trivial detail?
Bore's me to death I tell you.
what are you referring too ZX? call me old school, but those tiny driveshafts look pretty vulnerable on that quad's rearend.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:09 PM
1st Gear Member

why are u all arguing about quads that you don't have on aklx250s dual sportforum... this **** is getting old fast. Who cares!

Old 01-15-2008, 08:24 PM
1st Gear Member

whatever dude. it's the truth. I challenge you to go back and provide proof of me saying anything about the reduced suspension travel on the new '09 KLX as being a good thing and that it is an improvement. I guess I would accept a post like yours considering you just got the prior one handed back to you like dirty toilet paper. You lost bud. I'll be waiting on your proof of me saying what you said I said. Let's see it there forrest. You simply can't hang with me and I find it entertaining every time you try to.[sm=lol.gif]
Hey, lighten up Forrest. Don't let me get under your skin. I was just messin with ya a little. You know, keepin things interesting. You know I don't really mean it.

Shoot, I'd ride with ya cause you seem like a real fun guy!
Oh, I forgot ........ you don't have a bike oops [sm=laughat.gif]

Quick Reply: klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525