klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 01:47 AM
Default klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525

someone i go to school with who rides a polaris outlaw 525 has been talkin crap for about 2 weeks and says he'll kill me and my friend who has a crf 230. we have been riding on the land he wants to ride with us on for about 5 years and he started riding a month ago. so today he came riding and i wasn't sure how my bike would compare. turns out we were way better riders than him and we did about five things he said he could do but never did. we asked him to race us on a track and he said he didn't want to hurt his 4 wheeler. a.k.a. SCARED! and to top it off i've heard he can do awesome wheelies and i pulled one up beside him on the rode for about 20 seconds and set it back down....he never did a wheelie, then we rode on a straight line road and you all will love to hear this, we both went wide open, bike vs. bike, no skill included to see who's bike was faster. the 250 smoked it. i've not seen a better top end bike than this and now that i've uncorked it it runs great on bottom end too. th emore i ride with other bikes the more impressed i am by my klx.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525

Cool! I still get surprised myself by what the KLX is capable of!

Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 AM
1st Gear Member

haha be shure to tell EVERYONE at school about that. i cant stand sh*t talkers.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:49 AM
1st Gear Member

I find it hard to believe that the mild mannered KLX250 beat a firebreathing 525 in a drag race :|

Your buddy must have either missed a shift or two, or been too scared to get on the throttle.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Funny, but not that impressive since the Polaris probably weighs twice as much as the KLX...

Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 AM

actually the klx is pretty good on top speed compared to most bikes and the 4 wheeler does weigh alot more. personally i've rode with alot of racing style 4 wheelers i'm not that impressed. dirt bikes are easily faster and he was going his hardest and shifted perfect, believe me, if he did misshifted i would've got an earful from him with a ton of excuses. i don't know why some of you even come to this site. all you do is bad mouth the klx or complain. how bout we all respect our bikes and enjoy having them instead of putting them down all the time. and you were either calling me a liar which i guarentee i wouldn't say i beat him unless i really did, or you just don't give the bike credit where it actually deserves it. its pretty sad either way. to:sinkoman

Old 01-15-2008, 05:49 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: kawiridr04

actually the klx is pretty good on top speed compared to most bikes and the 4 wheeler does weigh alot more. personally i've rode with alot of racing style 4 wheelers i'm not that impressed. dirt bikes are easily faster and he was going his hardest and shifted perfect, believe me, if he did misshifted i would've got an earful from him with a ton of excuses. i don't know why some of you even come to this site. all you do is bad mouth the klx or complain. how bout we all respect our bikes and enjoy having them instead of putting them down all the time. and you were either calling me a liar which i guarentee i wouldn't say i beat him unless i really did, or you just don't give the bike credit where it actually deserves it. its pretty sad either way. to:sinkoman
listen here kawiman- No one is calling you a liar. I think the comment was that it was hard to believe that you beat a machine with twice the displacement. But you know what, who really gives a rats ***. The KLX is "mild mannered" as sinkoman put it, to say the least. Let me put it in laymans terms- it's power in stock form reminds me of my little sisters 1989 Yamaha Jog 50cc moped (6 horsepower ftr). That thing would rip for a moped and the KLX has about as much power under acceleration as that thing did in it's first 2 or 3 gears. You may think the KLX runs hot, but let me clue you in, it's a dog.Just because we say the KLX is a pooch doesn't mean we dislike it or are putting it down. It's a fact of life and if you won't admit it, well, you're either a huge novice or beginner or blind to reality.And bragging on here that your KLX can outrun a Polaris anything isn't saying much. Oh yeah, my dad can beat up your dad. One last thing, sinkoman is actually a pretty cool guy and calls it as he sees it. And around here, that's pretty hard to come by so treat him w/respect. Show us where anyone called you a liar?

ps. go ride a 450 quad and then tell me you're unimpressed with their power. You've never felt power until you feel the torque of those racing quads. Heck, even a Honda 400EX will put you on your back in a split second. Polaris' suck and always have. I had my KLX topped out at around 90 mph. Did I brag about it beating a four-wheeler? It's geared to go that fast- it's a street bike, but it takes a good 2 or so miles to get there. If you want to outrun stuff, go buy a cookie cutter sportbike.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Actually the Polaris has a KTM 525 motor in it......

Old 01-15-2008, 11:32 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i know a guy with that quad..... sick fast..... that rider must have been scared.... i would be.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Polaris's Are awesome, once again Iowagoon is talking out his but. Go check any of the atv race results. Just like there sleds check the results. If they had a dirtbike that's what I'd own.

Why do people thing KTM's are so wonderful twice the price of jap bikes is that what makes them so good AND fast? Everytime I look at race results KTM's are always WAY down the list. Sometimes they make it in the top 10 but not often.

Quick Reply: klx 250s vs. polaris outlaw 525