1st Gear Member
Default RE: klx 250s / size rider

Sounds perfect.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:07 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes
Sounds perfect.
Well dat's a start, I'll post park rules, find a camping area or cabin rental area....you guys choose. We just need to pick a weekend that is good for all. My work schedule requires advance notice just like Brian.

Hopefully I'll have my new to me adv painted with new plastics... and a new ignition completed by next weekend. I'll scope out some fun areas on the adv (ie scared to take the big pumpkin back there) and I'll also hook up with one or two fleas that frequent the area. I'll submit an expense report for the bar tab resulting from flea interrogation.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:14 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Tenting is adequate, but it's hard to beat a cabin if they are available at a reasonable price.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member

Two bedroom cabins are only $80/night but I don't want to tax cost conscious folks. Here's a pic of the Salt Springs cabins (which is right by the motorcycle trails & good food lol)....my girl even like them .......oh and you can trace the link Brian. lol

Old 10-26-2007, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I scanned through the posts...I do believe I am the shortest runt in the litter, again...I am at 5'6" and find the bike is about as high as I would want to go ..maybe even too high for some of the off-road stuff I have done..I did set up the rear suspension for rider sag etc.. but haven't attempted anything on the front...bigger bikes are out of the question for me, but I must admit..this bike is right at home in the trails, even when I am in control..lol

I read of riders changing out the rear spring for something stiffer..I assume at my size (175lbs) and height this is not a benefit?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

your probably the correct weight rider for this bike mud junkie.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member

This is all I have for a comparison (could be Deej in another 10 years):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn1b4ygKL4A

Old 10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

This is all I have for a comparison (could be Deej in another 10 years):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn1b4ygKL4A
Wow if I ever get that big, take me out back and shoot me, I promise I won't hold it against you. Luckily I'm 6-1 so that helps in the weight to height scale, but if I was 6 inches shorter I would look like Louie Anderson

Old 10-26-2007, 11:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't need you lookin like louie anderson deej,you might end up hosting a game show

Old 10-27-2007, 12:06 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

Thunderchild why would it really limit you if you don't have your shocks dialed in? Not calling you out just curious. All this suspension talk is making me want to actually get mine set to what it should be.

also how do you like that shift jacket, if thats you?
It's difficult to explain the difference with the suspension. Espesially since you have become accustomed to your stock setup. You have learned to ride the bike it's way rather than your way. Once the suspension is set up properly for your weight and type of riding, you will find that you were working harder to get the bike to perform. And putting up with poor dampening on jumps, scareing yourself to death when the back end pogos higher than the front, etc.
Unfortunately, the only way that you know that your setup isn't right is to ride it after it is right.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I believe suspension should be the first thing setup on a bike. Even with the KLX, you can outride the suspension with the stock motor.

I really like my Shift XC jacket too. It has armored elbow pads and I like the zipper vents for riding in the warmer weather. When it's colder than 60 or so, it's a bit cold by itself a and a tee-shirt. With a sweatshirt its not bad at all until it gets down in the 40's.

Quick Reply: klx 250s / size rider