klx 250s / size rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: klx 250s / size rider

Yeah, I'm just Joe-TrailRider, man, that stuff makes me reach up and rub my collar bone.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

brain... these are whoops..
nah, those are doubles. even RC couldn't bounce his rear wheel off each one of them. and by the looks of them, they would be easy to navigate if I do say so myself.
LOL, after looking at them, they remind me of the original nintendo game, Excitebike. Anyone else play the heck out of that when you were 14?

Old 10-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow!! those look brutal, maybe I can't keep up with anyone on here. Looks like I need another helping of humble pie. Man I'm getting full.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Gotta love whoops like those ,especially when your doing really well and your timing gets off and you land front first on one and ride the thing out and say to hell with trying that again.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: neanderthaler
i'm not claiming to be able to keep up, but let me know if any florida riding goes down. i'm pretty far south (just a hair north of ft. lauderdale) and don't have any decent riding areas anywhere close. with some planning, i'd love to come get schooled by you guys.
neanderthaler,

welcome and send me a PM, I live in Jupiter and work in Deerfield Beach. I got a fun extra soft sandpit by my warehouse in Lake Parkand on the weekends I go riding in Hobe Sound or sometimes to a real fun spot just north of Lake O.

Owen

Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow, you're down there pretty far, Owen. My dad's got a place at Port St. Lucie. Looks like you are just below there.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cool change
Ocala certainly is closer for the people from north of fla. Tally is one hell of a hike, even from when you make it to fla. Obviously its sandy, but is it real sugar sand or hardpacked? My only expierence in sand was at my brothers vaca home in live oak fla. I had stock tires, and it was ungodly difficult when you hit fluffy sand.
Ok I'll go along with that, how about the second or third weekof January in the Ocala National Forest. Say a 3 or 4 day weekend. Lots of fun riding in there withcabins or free camping or both....Ideas?.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Look like that is 550 miles from me, that's doable. Just please make sure bikes are allowed. The web site that hosts that image only mentions hiking that I could find. Do we need any special permits or anything? Some places may require a special ORV sticker or something be purchased. I don't mind that, I just don't want to get hassled by the law.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

I could probably get off my real job then, but and this is a big but, I would need to find someone to cover me for my side job of snow plowing . I visited my brother after I bought the klx and got burnt by the da@n forecast with no backup in place. Lesson learned. So fm, what kind of riding is this. Lots of sugar or more hard pack sand. The only two things I know about ocala are that its off rt 75 and they breed lots of horses there. I guess I'm in the "considering" stage, but will have to play it by ear as it gets closer. Jeremy

Old 10-26-2007, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Bikes are definately allowed, I just did a google image search for a quick pic to display....didn't look at the source site. The Scrub aka Ocala National Forest just started requiring Dept of Ag stickers but supposedly are not going to enforce it untill next year. My Ag sticker expires this month (I luv having a sticker on my bike that says permitted for offroad use on state lands) it's gotten me outta some local trouble a few times when the man just shook his head and sent me on my way. lol

Regardless a3 day pass is like $10. If you want to see the type of riding we could do, go the the adv site, regional, east section, then look for the Central Florida Rider thread....if you see Sand Fleas you found the right thread.......I have not yet hooked up with said fleas.....but the scrub is a big place and I never really make plans. Just show up find a camping spot, ride, rest, hydrate, ride, ride, ride, hydrate, rest, one last spin in the dark, drink a beer, sleep, repeat......and go back home.

Quick Reply: klx 250s / size rider