klx 250s jetting

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Default klx 250s jetting

just got a new full exhaust system from two bros. and a jet kit from DJ, I am planning to do the exhaust myself but I have never done carb work so am thinking about bringing it to the dealer. I can not get a quote for the work until tomorrow and was wondering if I could run the bike with the new exhaust and old jets for a couple days?
thnaks

Old 04-17-2013, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by julien1771
just got a new full exhaust system from two bros. and a jet kit from DJ, I am planning to do the exhaust myself but I have never done carb work so am thinking about bringing it to the dealer. I can not get a quote for the work until tomorrow and was wondering if I could run the bike with the new exhaust and old jets for a couple days?
thnaks
Now I don't know about Two Bros, but according to FMF you can put a slip-on on without having to rejet. So you may want to call them and see if the same applies to you. If that's all your going to do you may not need to rejet.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
1st Gear Member

it'll probably be best to do the jetting, exhaust and snorkel delete at the same time...they charge by the hour and exhaust should only take them under 10 minutes to do (or, you can swap the exhaust and pull the snorkel off yourself right before you head out to the dealer)...i would probably do a uni filter or k&n also at the same time just to get the jetting perfect...you don't want to go back and pay to rejet again....

Old 04-17-2013, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by ahnh666
it'll probably be best to do the jetting, exhaust and snorkel delete at the same time...they charge by the hour and exhaust should only take them under 10 minutes to do (or, you can swap the exhaust and pull the snorkel off yourself right before you head out to the dealer)...i would probably do a uni filter or k&n also at the same time just to get the jetting perfect...you don't want to go back and pay to rejet again....
ya 10-4 the snorkel is and has been off for a while now and I was gonna do the exhaust today but I was just wondering I could ride for a couple days before getting the jetting done

Old 04-17-2013, 05:05 PM

two brothers says I can but I am only talking to a girl at a customer support desk, not sure if they really know

Old 04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Knowing the snorkel is removed does change things, you will need to rejet then.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Brieninsac
Knowing the snorkel is removed does change things, you will need to rejet then.
so you figure if I put the snorkel back on I should be good

Old 04-17-2013, 05:17 PM
1st Gear Member

You could just wait till your day off and do it all at the same time. Sometimes patience will stop things from going boom

Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
You could just wait till your day off and do it all at the same time. Sometimes patience will stop things from going boom
I am off but I don't plan on doing the jetting myself and the garage isn't available before I go back to work

Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default just finished my dyno j kit this week.

Originally Posted by julien1771
thnaks
I just installed my dynojet this week. It was pretty simple and I learned a lot about my bike doing it myself. You can ask all my friends I'm pretty retarded when it comes to mechanical stuff. The snorkel removal was very easy. I called Dyno jet and told them the parts I had and they told me all the settings I needed for the carb. 128 jet, stock mixture screw and 3 turns out. don't forget to throw the diagphram in warm water after you take it out. It will expand. If its not fitting just let it sit for awhile it will go back to size. hope this helps.

lots of good info in here https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...q-links-30733/

Quick Reply: klx 250s jetting