KLX 250s Horsepower confusion

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX 250s Horsepower confusion

I'm with Calaski, I wrote the same sort of thing on Iowas "My New Bike Thread" I think this Iowa Guy is a Bit of a Troll!1 I admit I am fairly new here and I have only Had my bike for a short time. I come to this site to find good Info/tips/pics on the KLX250 which I purchaced and am very happy with and one day when I have more Exp. I hope to contribute.. Instead of only looking for advice!! I do Know this-- DYNO testing Every Brand ofDyno will show different
readings. location will do this as well. If You take a Dyno and the KLX w/Factory settings To different areas of the continent and you will get a different dyno readiong Hence one guy from spain in this thread claimed 20+ from stock KLX250-- and then Dirtbike TV stated Dynoed at 17+. Both of them Can be correct a Dyno is Not as accurate as you would think!!

Ken

Old 05-13-2007, 08:37 PM
1st Gear Member

some of the tight technical trails are tight enough, rocky/cluttered enough that the full power of the stock displacement is more then what can be used. Just depends on how 'deep' and 'technical' you want to go, but setup right, it can shine pretty good in the rough stuff.
Nice post glad someone noticed that finally Its like the bike has two personalities, on the street it behaves nothing like it dose on the tight technical trails.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Calisaki, you have it allwrong we are not comparing the civics to corvettes, a more fair comparison is comparing the model-t to the corvette like IG stated.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

This is ridiculus! I can affordany bike I want and I chose the KLX because it's a great bike. If I wanted your Suzuki I would have gotten one and then I would be ona differentforum! We all love our bikes and love to read about them. We don't need you telling us all to sell our bike and get one like yours. We are happy without your masterful input and vast knowledge of bikes and HP figures. You sold your bike now go away!

If you want to debate HP try comparing your drz to my KTM 625 SMCor any of my other bikes. But please do it on some other forum like "Whogivesa****.com"
[sm=badbadbad.gif]
LMAO, I knew I wasn't the only one that was tired of this guy from the past year of him posting retard arguements and debating anything and everything that wasn't his thought or idea.
[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 AM
1st Gear Member

poodlenuts: Does'nt sound like a bad idea in the slightest, I'm always looking for new riders and had hoped to get down that direction a time or two this summer. I don't know any areas down there very well, but theres alot of beautifull turf to explore and as the name of the area suggest, southern Oregon also has alot of nice caving and rock climbing areas to explore too, both of which I love.

There is also some talk from a group of enduro riders about possibly doing the #3 leg of the Oregon Discovery Route sometime this summer. I don't know how many from this forum has heard of that project, but it was an abandoned attempt shut down by environmentalist groups that attempted to more or less make a /huge/ spider web of routes and roads that were OHV style bike and jeep trails ranging all the way from north california, through Oregon and if I remember right ending at or just over the Washington border.

Alot of the roads were built before it was shut down so its alot of unmaintained and unmarked routes.

I'll try to get down to that area here sooner or later and if your interested, should we ride that section of Discovery route, its down near your area I believe and your welcome to come along. The more the merrier.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:11 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ReaperFox

poodlenuts: Does'nt sound like a bad idea in the slightest, I'm always looking for new riders and had hoped to get down that direction a time or two this summer. I don't know any areas down there very well, but theres alot of beautifull turf to explore and as the name of the area suggest, southern Oregon also has alot of nice caving and rock climbing areas to explore too, both of which I love.

There is also some talk from a group of enduro riders about possibly doing the #3 leg of the Oregon Discovery Route sometime this summer. I don't know how many from this forum has heard of that project, but it was an abandoned attempt shut down by environmentalist groups that attempted to more or less make a /huge/ spider web of routes and roads that were OHV style bike and jeep trails ranging all the way from north california, through Oregon and if I remember right ending at or just over the Washington border.

Alot of the roads were built before it was shut down so its alot of unmaintained and unmarked routes.

I'll try to get down to that area here sooner or later and if your interested, should we ride that section of Discovery route, its down near your area I believe and your welcome to come along. The more the merrier.
I think I read about it on another website,sounds fun let me know if you hear anything about it.Im 18 miles from the Oregon caves , theres a lot of places to rock climb
http://www.nps.gov/orca/