Old 05-10-2007, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX 250s Horsepower confusion

Doesn't Suzuki have a forum for you?
You're just like Herpes, you sometimes hide but you just won't go away![:@]

Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

I would like to know what the f'in difference is with how much HP the KLX makes or the DRZ makes? Really, tell me? If you get on it, and you like how it pulls and think it has enough power, then fine, if you don't then make some changes.

How gives a rats if the DRZ makes 10 more HP over the KLX, that is just a random meaningless number used as a pissing match. The DRZ is also heavier so you should take that into account. You need to compare dyno charts and see where each bike makes its power as it relates to how you use the machine.

I mean really, people get all hung up on HP and 1/4 mile times but then can't ride the bike for crap and get blown away in the real world. Can't tell you how many R6's I passed on the brakes or on the outside of turns on my EX500 on the track and it makes what, 50 HP to the R6's 100+?

It isn't only about HP, there are so many more variables to take into account, many are personal to the rider, never understood why people argue. BTW, if you want to know rear tire HP, take crank HP and minus 10 to 15% that gives you an apprx rear wheel HP number.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:13 PM

Have any of you seen the recent write up in one of the cycle magazines about the KLX 250s?
They report 24 hp. I believe the dyno figures you guys give me but whats with all the different numbers?

Old 05-10-2007, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member

iowaguy. stop being donnie downer.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear Member

by the way i saw your new bike and it looks sweet. it was hard for me to say that since you keep bashing the klx.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TODJ2002

by the way i saw your new bike and it looks sweet. it was hard for me to say that since you keep bashing the klx.
Yeah, I saw one today and it looked pretty good. It was a little ways away but it looks like it had an FMF pipe on it - sounded good. I didn't get a chance to see it up close, though.

I had just got done taking my motorcycle drivers test and was putting on my helmet when he was pulling out. I thought he was going to stop over and chat, I wished he did because I don't see too many of those around here and I know he doesn't see many orange bikes, but he just took off. Also taking the test there was 1 scooter, 1 KTM 450 EXC , and 2 big Harleys. I passed no problem, but I felt bad for the guys on the Harleys - they were so big they were running over cones, stalling out, and generally looked like they were getting pissed off. Scooter guy nearly did a stoppie during test.

Anyway, I've been using my motorcycle temporary permit for the past year and some months and it was going to expire in June so I figured I better get on with it.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:10 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy
I speak the truth about it in every way.
The truth as you see it, it doesn't make you right.

Quick Reply: KLX 250s Horsepower confusion