KLX 250S

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX 250S

Most dealers here will not allow test rides on low volume bikes like the KLX. I got lucky since I've dealt with this dealer on several bikes.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey all,

I have been reading everones ride on the new 06 KLX 250, and I think that the bike was a great purchase. I have been riding it now for about a week. I'm not a hard rider on the trails but I do like to do wheelies and this bike seems like it will do them with out any problem. However, I'm not that good at it. My question is, will a sprocket change help me or do I need to just keep practicing at it? I would appreciate any help in this area.

Thanks. Gravy Train

[IMG]local://upfiles/998/17FAD12F0F1749AF9C1B61774D603CED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-02-2005, 06:52 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

Hey all,

I have been reading everones ride on the new 06 KLX 250, and I think that the bike was a great purchase. I have been riding it now for about a week. I'm not a hard rider on the trails but I do like to do wheelies and this bike seems like it will do them with out any problem. However, I'm not that good at it. My question is, will a sprocket change help me or do I need to just keep practicing at it? I would appreciate any help in this area.

Thanks. Gravy Train

[IMG]local://upfiles/998/17FAD12F0F1749AF9C1B61774D603CED.jpg[/IMG]
Hmmm....I think the problem might be that you're too short. From the looks of you in that photo, I don't see how you even get the kick stand up

I pick mine up in an hour! Can't wait!!!

Old 12-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Is it just me or does the right profile look better than the left? LOL

deej

Old 12-02-2005, 10:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey where is you're temp plate?

deej

Old 12-02-2005, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Gravy Train, Yes a larger sprocket will help, the one thing I noticed about the bike is that it is set up for highway speeds, and 1st gear is a little under powered, of course it is a 4 stroke. I am actually interested in trying a slightly larger sprocket as well. I don't want to be doing a trail somewhere and run out of low end pull.

deej

Old 12-02-2005, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay okay you guys caught me, when I went to pick up the bike I had no insurance on it yet so the temp plates are on the way in the mail. However, I have been riding in block or two.. Just could'nt wait... I was actually looking at a smaller sprocket for the front. I have hear that dropping one tooth in the front is like dropping three in the back. Also the chain doesn't have to be changed out. Plus I don't care about top end speed... I just like the bottom tourqe for wheelies, and power in the sand.

Gravy Train

Old 12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Insurance? Huh, its not required here in Washington state, even with financed bikes. But I am going to look into it anyway. I got a temp plate like when you buy a car, the new license plate should be here in a week. Oh thanks for the information about the sprocket, I'll call my parts guy and see what he recomends. Wow!! I can't believe how popular this area of the forum has become. Thanks to the site I feel I have a great resource to turn to for answers and to share ideas, and that's what it's all about. Later all. Oh and I get all new post notices on my Blackberry within a minute of them posting, so I am always connected. Maybe too connected.

http://www.blackberry.com/products/b...erry7250.shtml

www.onrc.washington.edu

deej

Old 12-12-2005, 06:46 AM

Well, I'll just toss my KLX250S into the pile with the rest of y'all. Just got it this past week. Have not had that much time to ride it, but that is changing. I hope to be riding most of this week, as many hours as the weather will allow.

I personally think it is the "right bike" for what it is going to be used for. Trail riding in tight places at low speeds. I'm not an agressive rider, don't need to carry the front wheel in the air for long distances and just enjoy having the ability to pick the bike up unassisted when it does fall.

Got a few other bikes, a couple of them are dualsports - KLR650 and 250. The KLR250 will probably be finding a new home now that the new bike has followed me home.

Looking forward to getting to know more and more of y'all.

I think we are getting quite a few new and knowledgable perople involved in this forum

Take care and we'll see y'all around these here parts.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Marty, welcome, and hey could you post a pic of you're KLR 250? I would like to see what it looks like, and also how much are you going to sell it for? Not that I could afford it, or even get it up to the oposite corner of the world, but I am interested in what a bike like that is worth. I am going to start looking for a second used dirt bike for anyone who wants to ride with me, since I really don't like ridding alone. Again welcome, and don't forget to look at the KLX 250s pictures. Oh and I am with you, not an aggressive rider, in fact I have had more experience on 3 and 4 wheelers, so I am just now after 20 years getting back into ridding. I too like to trail ride, but at a slow controlled speed. I have decided to change the front sprocket from the 14 tooth, to a 13 or even a 12. Anyway hope to see pics soon.

deej

Deric Kettel
Forks Wa

Quick Reply: KLX 250S