Klx 250 efi

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 10:14 PM
Default Klx 250 efi

Hi
I have been out all day on the lanes.
the Klx has been stalling all day on tick over and when applying revs.
it got worse throughout the day, it was touch and go wether I got home.
The last 5 miles were the worse with full throttle I could only do 20mph.
i got it home and switched it off, tried to restart but just turned over and over.
I let it cool down and tried again only getting it to tick over for a few seconds.
Its like it’s choked up but there’s no choke on these EFIs or it’s automatic.
I have read that resetting the ecu may help so I have disconnected it and will reconnect it tomorrow.
any one with similar problems ?
any help would be appreciated.
cheers Paul

Old 07-14-2021, 03:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kawasakiklx250
Hi
I have been out all day on the lanes.
the Klx has been stalling all day on tick over and when applying revs.
it got worse throughout the day, it was touch and go wether I got home.
The last 5 miles were the worse with full throttle I could only do 20mph.
i got it home and switched it off, tried to restart but just turned over and over.
I let it cool down and tried again only getting it to tick over for a few seconds.
Its like it’s choked up but there’s no choke on these EFIs or it’s automatic.
I have read that resetting the ecu may help so I have disconnected it and will reconnect it tomorrow.
any one with similar problems ?
any help would be appreciated.
cheers Paul
Sounds like restricted fuel or air flow. There is an automatic choke and a fast idle cam that rotates the butterfly down to regular idle as the engine warms up, but I don't believe that's the problem. How's your air filter look? If you're not sure, take it off and see if the engine starts.There is likely a fuel filter somewhere. If you have a manual ( sorry, I don't) I'd also check that. Others will likely also have tips to offer.

Be sure to let us know what you find as it might help the next guy down the road.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:19 PM
Default Klx 250 EFI

[QUOTE=tooter;553434]Sounds like restricted fuel or air flow. There is an automatic choke and a fast idle cam that rotates the butterfly down to regular idle as the engine warms up, but I don't believe that's the problem. How's your air filter look? If you're not sure, take it off and see if the engine starts.There is likely a fuel filter somewhere. If you have a manual ( sorry, I don't) I'd also check that. Others will likely also have tips to offer.

Be sure to let us know what you find as it might help the next guy down the road.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:47 PM

thanks for the reply Tooter.

ecu reset nothing
new spark plug nothing
washed air filter.

tried fuel cleaner and it seems better but still struggles with missing under load.
it’s ticking over without stalling and revs up quite easy but it’s still poorly.

It struggles to start once stopped. But once started it revs up without stalling now.
think it was a bad batch of fuel but others filled up at same time and they’ve had no bother.