kind of a review on 45T and bragging

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Default kind of a review on 45T and bragging

Well as most will know Texas has been getting some nasty wet cold weather over the past two weeks. I haven't been able to ride with my new Renthal 45T and 520/108 Final drive chain. Well yesterday we got a break in the weather and I pulled out the green meany and rode it to work after lunch. Note that I have all the standard mods.... free, muzzy, jetting and uni air filter so basically like most people here.

Right off the start I felt a lot better pull throughout the entire RPM range. The most noticeable thing on road was that you stay in the best RPM range during all your shift points and there is no lag in acceleration. I tend to shift at 8500RPM. At highway speed I lost a little on overall top end, I am at about 7K at 65MPH but that is where the power is at so it was a good trade off.

I was so happy to be riding yesterday that on the way home form work I stopped by a near-by lake/mud puddle and played in the dirt. Mind you I have limited accounts with this bike off road. This was my 4th time off road in a year, but on my defense I was deployed a good part of the year and there isn’t much public land in Texas… from my experience. Well from the stock form to the mod then the modded and re-geared man this bike is a blast! Before with the gutlessness and tall gears trail riding was sloppy and slow feeling to say the least. After fixing her up it accelerates fast and strong and in 1 or 2 it will go most anywhere. I highly recommend the gearing change! Now I just have to get my suspension set up correctly and I should be golden.

On a side note I watched a guy in a pick-up truck get stuck up to his doors in sloppy, sticky, slimy Texas mud. I watched him for about 10 minutes try to free himself…. He couldn’t. So I went home got my 77 Jeep Wagoneer and pulled him out like he wasn’t even there……. Man I love that jeep. And just to show off a little I climbed the hills and went through the slop that he could handle. So I got to have a blast in/on two of my favorite vehicles….. I should of went home and grabbed up my 94 Jeep YJ and ran it too, but is was getting dark and I still had to perform my wifely duties of taking the kids to ride their bikes and cook and scrumptious dinner and look pretty for my girl

Old 01-25-2007, 07:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: kind of a review on 45T and bragging

Sounds like fun, do you have pics of your Jeep's.

Old 01-25-2007, 07:28 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Cool sounds like a good time.... might have to think about that gearing....

Old 01-25-2007, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: sullydirt

Sounds like fun, do you have pics of your Jeep's.

Here is my "BoOgEr" 77 Wagoneer, I can't get to the YJ pics from work.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

NICE!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Very Cool, I will defo do the 45T mod.
Love the Bentley/RR grille.
It wasn't an F150, was it?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 AM

Nice look'n jeep.

Question on gearing..... Has anybody ever toy'd with a much lower gear for example 13 / 56, 58, etc..?

Cheers
Cynall

Old 01-26-2007, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Jeep????
This is my low geared unit.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3498/1D21552A67CD431296ACA271C44B9D4C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-26-2007, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That's a cool pic of the jeep... It's got that lens effect that makes the backgound objects look like a toy model...
"Tilt-shift" is what I'm thinking of... http://hame.ca/tiltshift.htm

Old 01-26-2007, 04:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Divodave

Very Cool, I will defo do the 45T mod.
Love the Bentley/RR grille.
It wasn't an F150, was it?
That a "Rhino" grille off a late 60's Jeep Gladiator J-Truck, much better than a bently or RR. No it wasn't a F150 it was a mid 90's chevy. Kinda funny I stopped by the bike store after work today to pick up a rim lock and the same guy pulled in behind me.... he said he decided to shop for a 4 wheeler insted of trashing his truck. Scott V, sweet FJ!

Quick Reply: kind of a review on 45T and bragging