Kill Bill SB 435 smog checks in Kalifornia

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
or you can speak for your self, and (patheticly in this case) e-mail or send letters. you can also set up rides where you have letter writing stations. i went to an ama ride like this, but disliked the ama's literal "forcing" to write it.

Dont get me wrong, Im not a huge fan of the AMA and how they sometimes operate - I was a member years ago and left because I felt they were doing little for my needs (specifically off-roading).

Coming back to off-roading after a 10+ year break I have found that they are still the best bet to get a unified voice (and they are stepping up on the off-roading issues).

All of the things you mention are valid and can be done individually while still including the AMA. They need all the help they can get. If you have the drive and ambition then you should do as much as possible on your own but remember to reference the AMA as a supporter of your cause. Its all about the numbers - and we as a group of enthusiasts are far behind.

D

Old 06-16-2010, 01:30 PM
1st Gear Member

now dont get me wrong, i dont hate the ama or was bashing on them, there good for what they are, but could use a few changes. what we should do in california, it get all us riders to take a trip to our local districts top people and ride around there place like a protest.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
This actually encourages me to join the AMA, the are part of some D/S Rides out here on the east coast (have to have membership to participate) and I was debating, but this is a good cause in my book. Oh and the law doesn't border on ridiculous, it surpasses incredulous. Stupidest thing I ever heard. On it's worst day the KLX will produce less smog than any 4 cylinder and probably any hybrid currently produced. :P
True, but the point isn't to cut down on smog as much as restrict riding. Especially off road riding. What's going to happen to aftermarket manufacturers after this gets through? Out of business, loss of jobs and revenue. Same goes for the 'cap and tax' legislation being pushed by the Democrat party. Progressives limit personal freedoms, kill jobs and destroy livelihoods. Don't take my word for it. Go look at the 'cap and tax' bill that passed the House of Representatives and check out which party voted for it. Obama was pushing this very bill in his speech last night. He wants it, he'll sign it. The Senate is the only place that this can be stopped.

Our pathetic little motorcycle lobby is nothing compared to the green lobby. Every starlet in Hollywood throws money at it and it owns Democrats. They jammed through a health care bill that the people were overwhelmingly against. What makes us think that they'll listen to a few motorcycle riders? Things like this are what drove me to get involved in politics in the first place. It's the only thing I can do to get these maniacs to leave me the hell alone.

Cali is a huge market and what happens there affects all of us. Californians, please do us a favor and get rid of the psychos that are killng your state. The only way to kill the Cali bill is to convince the representatives that it will harm California financially which it will. That's the only thing that will get their attention.

Mike

Last edited by KDXmike; 06-17-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KDXmike
True, but the point isn't to cut down on smog as much as restrict riding basicly. Especially off road riding. What's going to happen to aftermarket manufacturers after this gets through? Out of business, loss of jobs and revenue. Same goes for the 'cap and tax' legislation being pushed by the Democrat party if we wont even sign the kyoto protocol, a document we had a hand in writing, do you really think this will pass. Progressives limit personal freedoms, kill jobs and destroy livelihoods so do conservatives, just more so in countrys with dark skin complection. Don't take my word for it. Go look at the 'cap and tax' bill that passed the House of Representatives and check out which party voted for it again, wont pass. Obama was pushing this very bill in his speech last night. He wants it, he'll sign it obama is also a corporate puppet, look at the golf. bp funded obama for his election, enough said. The Senate is the only place that this can be stopped its lucky it got pass the house at all.

Our pathetic little motorcycle lobby is nothing compared to the green lobby and the green lobby won when?. Every starlet in Hollywood throws money at it and it owns Democrats buiness owns democrats, not the green scare. and no hollywood actor/actress is serious about change big enough to be called "sustainable". They jammed through a health care bill that the people were overwhelmingly against it passed cus big business saw a opportunity, EVERYONE has to have insurance, so that means more business. also, the true meaning of a health care reform would be an one payer system (ie. canada, france, gb). the only time this was tryed was hillary, and see was payed off royally. for more info, watch sicko, its pretty accurate.. What makes us think that they'll listen to a few motorcycle riders the idea of real democracy, but of course it never happens here? Things like this are what drove me to get involved in politics in the first place i have to give it to you there, atleast you know whats going on in it unlike 80% of the nation. It's the only thing I can do to get these maniacs to leave me the hell alone and one vote changes? both partys are still bought out at the end of the day, so there choices are for investers not the people the govern.

Cali is a huge market and what happens there affects all of us. Californians, please do us a favor and get rid of the psychos that are killng your statelets start with the ceo's, then the politicians, then the cops, then all racist, sexist, and prejudice. The only way to kill the Cali bill is to convince the representatives that it will harm California financially which it willdo you really think they read those letters/emails/voice messages. That's the only thing that will get their attentionand when that doesnt work, well all sit and watch tv, bitching a moaning about how democrats took over the country.

Mike
can we just leave the forum about bikes not, and leave the politics out. i know this is about a bill, but lets leave it to who the contact and why, and not "its the greens/democrats/immigrants falt".

Last edited by punkenduro09; 06-17-2010 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 PM
1st Gear Member

As I read the bill last year it applied to bikes over 250cc. So, us Klxer's were not effected. I was not aware the bill had been re-introduced. Need to check the reading - or move out of the state! Anyone know a good state looking for good people?

Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doc Gatling
Anyone know a good state looking for good people?
Come to Texas, we have plenty of room.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
can we just leave the forum about bikes not, and leave the politics out. i know this is about a bill, but lets leave it to who the contact and why, and not "its the greens/democrats/immigrants falt".
No we can't. This is a political issue. The people who dream up and push legislation like the bill that started this thread are progressives. Their home is the Democrat party and everybody knows it.

Punkenduro, when my 2007 KLX is illegal in CA then the green lobby has won a battle. When a CRF450X is Red Stickered then that is a victory for the green lobby as well. They have "won" all over the place and they do it primarily through Democrat legistators.

Mike

Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

The only thing I see that could be changed is that this could have been posted in the Off Topic section, other than that the site is not limited to just discussions about bikes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. eventually you will need a permit to fart in California. I also heard that they are working on getting rid of all small combustion equipment. That will be a sad day for sure.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I also heard that they are working on getting rid of all small combustion equipment. That will be a sad day for sure.
Come to that, I just bought a 2 stroke chain saw yesterday to do some work on my lawn. I guess Californians will eventually be forced to abandon the chain saw and revert to the hand saw all the while calling themselves "progressive." How can you be any more regressive than reverting to a hand saw?

Mike

Old 06-18-2010, 12:39 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

KDXmike is dead right. This bill and many others like it are all about politics. They are driven by people with very specific agendas, and to think otherwise flies in the face of logic. This is a KLX250 forum, and bills like this are the very reason that, as Mike stated, a bike like the '06-'07 can be classified as illegal in California. The specific bill in this post is about motorcycle emission issues, so again, very "on topic". While we as motorcycle enthusiats have some kind of concept of having a pure motive and flying above the fray of crass political activism, the green ***** are cutting our legs out from under us.

Quick Reply: Kill Bill SB 435 smog checks in Kalifornia