Kickstarter Install w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 03:30 AM
1st Gear Member

I do scuba spearfishing. Fish in the photo was 32#sweetlips at around 100'. I dont get as much in as I used to. Was fishin for cash for a while but decided it was makeing too much of an impact on the reefs. Now I just fish for good eats when I get a chance but my supply of friends with working boats has dwindled lately. Best fish so far was s 52# napolian wrasse with a Hawian sling(3 prong) Lost a couple of shafts to dogtooth tuna of same size.

You seriously freeshaft in water too deep to recover the shaft? That sounds expensive. Bet you choose your shots carefully!

Old 11-24-2009, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Do a lot of Scuba diveing that is not fishing. Most interesting is current contract with the university picking up sponges between 250 & 350' Basicly they pay for all the helium and provide the boat. About every 3rd dive I have enough mix left over to do a deep dive for free. I do it for that reason and becuase they promised that the fist new species I find they will let me name it bobsquarepantus

Old 11-25-2009, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by maninthesea
You seriously freeshaft in water too deep to recover the shaft? That sounds expensive. Bet you choose your shots carefully!

Ok, third world post...by freeshaft I meant the shaft is not tied to me.....I tie it to a float then chase the float after the shot if I have to .... you know like jaws and the barrels....a big tuna could drown me...sayin

Old 11-25-2009, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

F.M.
Nice Install, Great Step by Step

Old 11-25-2009, 04:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Ok, third world post...by freeshaft I meant the shaft is not tied to me.....I tie it to a float then chase the float after the shot if I have to .... you know like jaws and the barrels....a big tuna could drown me...sayin
OK Got it.
Been towed but Im on scuba so its mostly depth that I fear

Old 11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Any luck with an '09 kickstarter install?

Old 11-26-2009, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Great job...!!!

Impressive..!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

FM

Didnt see mention but how much time are we looking at for an install on this. After killing my battery after trying to start a wet bike and my starter switch falling out, im really thinking this would be a nice project. This a 3-5 hour project start to finish roughly???

Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Never saw this thread...

How long did it really take?

What is easier, the big bore kit or kickstart? Which takes longer? Longer doesn't always mean harder.

I think many just cringe at all those tiny little parts.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000
How long did it really take?

What is easier, the big bore kit or kickstart? Which takes longer? Longer doesn't always mean harder.

I think many just cringe at all those tiny little parts.

It was an easy job once I put down the manual and just started doing it. I went really slow as noone had posted how to do it at the time and spent most of my time figuring out where the unlabeled parts went.

Definately easier than a big bore.

I started on a Friday after work and in two hours had the kickstarter in .... then I realized I had to remove the skid plate and called it a night.

Next morning perhaps an hour and a half ..... of which 30 minutes was removing the skid plate.

If a chump like me can do it ..... anyone can.

Quick Reply: Kickstarter Install w/pics