Kickstand switch disable MYTH

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Default RE: Kickstand switch disable MYTH

I just took off the kill switch. Quite easy. The male/female connectors are on the right side of the stock snorkel. No tools needed to actually unhook the wires.
Had to take off the seat and remove the two screws that hold it (the kill switch) in place (they have locktight on them, so a little tougher than they look, but still easy). And I love how the use all reusable zipties, makes it damn easy.

For my knowledge the clutch switch would only stop the bike from starting if the neutral light wasn't on. I had to bypass mine as I installed an ASV shorty clutch. Anyone remove the cable? I haven't tried to trace that one back, just gerry-rigged it on the handlebars.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
1st Gear Member

I removed the clutch switch when I changed the clutch perch. Its behind the headlight. I cut the connector off the old perch & soldered the wires together--made a little jumper that plugs right back into the stock harness so it was not modified.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KLXer

I removed the clutch switch when I changed the clutch perch. Its behind the headlight. I cut the connector off the old perch & soldered the wires together--made a little jumper that plugs right back into the stock harness so it was not modified.
that what I did as well [8D]

Old 09-26-2007, 07:57 PM

Jumper?
So sodering is the only option for this wire?

Old 09-26-2007, 08:07 PM
1st Gear Member

With no jumper it is like the clutch lever is out all the time. So you could only start in neutral. With a jumper it is like it is in all the time. So it starts all the time--even if your clutch is not in & is gear--that is always fun. So why do it? Cause I wanted a different perch & I'd rather not have to be in neutral to start.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

becarefull bro i had a ninja with the switch broken, so it would start in any gear. twice i parked it in gear and forgot, then just walked up and hit the start button and the thing launched off the kickstand on to the ground[sm=headbang.gif]
ORIGINAL: KLXer

With no jumper it is like the clutch lever is out all the time. So you could only start in neutral. With a jumper it is like it is in all the time. So it starts all the time--even if your clutch is not in & is gear--that is always fun. So why do it? Cause I wanted a different perch & I'd rather not have to be in neutral to start.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah, Im not going to lie & say I have not forgotten about it once or twice (when parking on a hill & I leave it in gear so it does not roll, come back later & hit the starter beofre I sit on the bike) but I have not dropped it yet due to it. If I sit on it before I start I always pull in the clutch no matter what, just out of habit.

My father has a Harley & it came from the factory operating like this bone stock--now that thing really moves when you thumb the starter with the clutch out & in gear

Old 09-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

hahah..... i saw patrick do that down in WV... he has a new clutch perch, and left it in gear, hit that starter button and whooo... lol.. didnt go down though... was funny to watch.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

yeah one of the times it happened to me i was at the beach whooing a girl. and it launched it self off the kick stand and was inchs away from hitting a car. real smooth move...lol
ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

hahah..... i saw patrick do that down in WV... he has a new clutch perch, and left it in gear, hit that starter button and whooo... lol.. didnt go down though... was funny to watch.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Myth of the faulty kickstand switch:

Plausible