Kickstand switch disable MYTH

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Kickstand switch disable MYTH

A friend of mine had a 86 interceptor and left his kick stand down and went around a corner and wrecked into the woods, Get this- he did it twice in the same location, I was behind him the second time. You can bet I gave him a hard time about that. I guess that was before they installed the kick stand safety switch. Must be a terrible feeling trying to turn and having your kick stand make you go straight.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Well, glad I read this thread because since reading it I tested the switch.................
I can start, shift and ride all while the stand is down????(without clutch being in either??)
I have done NO performance or invasive mods to the bike and I can roll down the street with the stand down.............which by the way is VERY stupid because even though I knew the stand was down, I almost wiped out in the driveway going 5MPH[]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, as soon as I get time I will have to check under the seat to make sure everything is in order......................OR.......... maybe........... my bike can just sense I want a particular MOD done and SHE actually does it HERSELF...............SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Old 04-15-2007, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Mines the same way Dave.....it never worked and I have never tried toalter it. It will get your attention when it hits somthin. btw recently my clutch anti start switch has been starting to act upcausing me to have to put the bike in neutal to start it. [:@]

Old 04-15-2007, 10:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I replaced my clutch lever and perch with an msr shorty one to avoid mashing my ring and pinky fingers while using the clutch....I took the OEM perch off and cut the 2 wires off behind the switch.I them soldered the 2 together and heat shrank wrapped them to cover them from the elements.You could also replace them with a jumper wire down behind the instrument cluster.Yeah it will run the starter while in gear with the clutch engaged but It's my bike and no one else rides it in the woods anyway.Also...if you can sit on your bike with the kickstand down and it doesn't hit the ground on a klx250s then you have your suspension set way wrong.....sag...it's supposed to be there and I'm 5'9 155 and it touches the ground when i sit on it and it's adjusted properly......sure i could remove it but it doesn't matter anyway because if it ever gave me crap on the trail you just hook both wires together and there ...you just eliminated the switch anyway.A 2 second fix for a simple problem.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I went to do the plug under the right side of the seat since I was checking the air cleaner. Didn't really trust that those connectors wouldn't come loose so I soldered it there.....no going back now !

Old 09-26-2007, 04:32 AM

Bringing this back from the dead.
I'm going to remove the switch tonight. After last weekend I can't take it any more (I have 13's and it keep getting in my way). I think I"m actually taking the kickstand off to, so why leave the switch.
I have no sodering equipment, is it as simple as conecting a male and female conector under the seat?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:34 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Yes.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:37 AM

Thanks Nobrakes. You're always on it. Glad you had one of these things, we're all better off for it.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:43 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Well, if I ever tire of my KTM, I'll replace it with a KLX450S.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:27 AM
1st Gear Member

It's funny this post came up today because yesterday my bike went to the shop,because every time i put it in gear it shuts off,
my kick stand switch has never worked from day one so i am thinking the clutch switch is gone,
i was lucky because Sunday i went up the mountain by my self and i was miles from home.
timing is everything.

Quick Reply: Kickstand switch disable MYTH