Kettelcam Test: UPDATED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Kettelcam Test: UPDATED!!!!

Ok here it is finally, should be no red x's but if it doesn't work in Mozilla let me know, so we can address that issue.

http://www.onrc.washington.edu/webcampage.html

If you are getting a red X then you need the latest Java script. http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Sorry guys I bet your getting tired of this, but the camera was updated today, and the java script client might not work until the image is backed up overnight, so lets try this in the morning.[&:]

Old 03-14-2007, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Kettelcam Test

Nope it didn't work, never mind. I was going to show you our web cam out here in the great northwest, but it seems to be an IP address firewall issue. Stay tuned.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

However if you go to this address and scroll all the way down and click on the web cam button it should work, in fact give it a try and let me know if it works. www.onrc.washington.edu Its working for me, but my boss gets a red X instead of a live picture, I need to know if this thing is working for other people, then I can start cutting down some trees blocking the view of town.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear Member

I clickedon the link at the bottom of the ONRC website page, but it's not workin' for me ... server not found.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Its not working for me either.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

no worky...

Old 03-14-2007, 05:34 PM
1st Gear Member

OK I'll get a hold of my IT guy and see what we did wrong, funny we can access it from work but the outside world gets page not found. Thanks guys. Once its up and running, I'm going to have a live web cam tree falling. I need to clear a few trees out so that Forks shows up a little. You all can watch me fall a tree on myself........not really I've cut timber before. And besides its only 12 inch stuff.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:31 AM

Oooh saws, I could talk about saws

12" aint scary, hell that will just knock you for a loop.[&:]

Old 03-15-2007, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Get this: In high school here in Forks on the Olympic Peninsula better know as the Logging capitol of the world, there was back in the day1979-1982 a class called.....yep logging. In 10th grade it was an hour, 11th 2 hrs and finally as a Sr in school it was 3 hours. And what was even better is that those three hours counted as a grade for each hour. So I actually got 3 A's on my report card and an A in typing and managed to hit the honor roll once or twice my senior year. Anyway things have really changed around here. Shortly after I graduated in 82 they got rid of the class, probably because the Spotted Owl controversy had really taken hold and it was time to move kids into a different direction, at least scholastically. But to this day I am still amazed that they gave us chain saws and let us fall trees as 16, 17 and 18 year old kids, and nobody got seriously hurt. I think the biggest tree I fell in the class was right at 4 ft. We also had a skidder and a small tower for yarding in logs. Good times.....good times indeed. Wow that was a flashback for sure. But you know most of us that grew up around here knew how to run a saw, weld and in my case I could wire a house by the time I was a Jr in high school. When we got into the shop class, some of us knew more than the teacher.......at least it seemed like it at the time.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I think its up and running, just temp in the lobby until I get it installed on the outside of the building. You might also have to hold the ctrl key if there is a pop up blocker installed. That's my town.

Quick Reply: Kettelcam Test: UPDATED!!!!