Kenda Parker Desert Tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 03:32 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member
Default Kenda Parker Desert Tire

I decided to try a Kenda Parker DT for my next rear tire and maybe even the front in awhile. Has anyone else tried the front and/or rear Parker? I've been running the Kenda Trakmaster for the last 4 tires on the rear, and frankly the performance, wear, and price is quite good. I've been running the 100/100/18. It will spin up quite easily but still gets good traction. I try to stay away from big rear tires on this bike. The smallest rear Parker is a 110/100/18, so it should still fit. The Parker has some pretty good reports, and it's been around for a bit. It's a true 6-ply, and it should work with my Neutech Tubliss setup...and it's DOT.

In this pic, the Parker looks shorter than the Trakmaster that's on the bike. It's just an angle perspective. The Parker is slightly taller. The Parker carcass is exactly 110mm as advertised, but the Trakmaster is only 95mm at the carcass instead of the labeled 100mm. It looks like the 110 Parker will fit without issue. I'm looking forward to trying this Parker. I also have the Parker front along with a Pirelli Scorpion Pro, but I haven't decided which one to go with at this point. Since Colorado is the next trip, I think I'll try the Scorpion.

Attached Thumbnails Kenda Parker Desert Tire-parker-1.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I got the Parker DT 110/100-18 on the rear, it's working great with the big bore kit. Wears really good even on the street. But... I've seen them throw ***** on bigger bikes. So I wouldn't try it on my 450.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Who carries the Parker DT?

Rob

Old 05-26-2012, 11:27 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RobG
Who carries the Parker DT?

Rob
Most shops can get them through Tucker/Rocky Distributors, and you can get them online at The Motorcycle Superstore.

What's the deal, RaceGass? You're not afraid of ripping the ***** off with the KLX?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:57 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Got the Parker mounted today with the Tubliss setup, and it fits fine. This is a pretty fat tire for a 110/100, but everything clears great. It kind of reminds me of the Dunlop 606 rear I used to run on my KLR650. I would have liked to run a 606 on my KLX, but even the smallest one is larger than I want on this bike.

Attached Thumbnails Kenda Parker Desert Tire-parker-3.jpg   Kenda Parker Desert Tire-parker-4.jpg   Kenda Parker Desert Tire-parker-5.jpg   Kenda Parker Desert Tire-parker-6.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

Very nice! Keep us apprised on how it does...and if you run into any wet soil, I'm curious how it does there, too. Thanks!

Old 06-07-2012, 03:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like a nice versatile tread. Does look like a 606.

Old 06-07-2012, 03:47 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blackheart58
Very nice! Keep us apprised on how it does...and if you run into any wet soil, I'm curious how it does there, too. Thanks!
Wet soil? I don't ride in wet soil.

Actually it will get its first real workout in Colorado in another 2 months, but oddly most of the places I ride there are nearly as rocky as southern Utah. Seriously I do hate riding in real mud and avoid it like the plague. I guess many years of racing enduros where you had to race in any conditions kinda soured me on riding in mud anymore. It's got some wide spacing, so I'd expect not too much mud packing, but I don't even want to find out.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Wet soil? I don't ride in wet soil.

It's got some wide spacing, so I'd expect not too much mud packing, but I don't even want to find out.
I hear ya! But, since I'm moving to northern Utah next week, I imagine my low-pressure Kenda 270's will surely not be ideal when I hit some wet stuff on the trails. Assuming the trails will sometimes be wet. Heck, I don't even know what I'm getting myself into up there...maybe they're mostly dry and I'll be just fine!

Old 06-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I have the kenda parker front tire, like it so far.

Quick Reply: Kenda Parker Desert Tire