kawasaki let the good times roll credit card

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 07:07 AM
Default kawasaki let the good times roll credit card

Hey Guys,
I had a question? I just recieved the kawasaki let the good times roll credit card today with an APR of 17.8% I was wondering if any of you guys have it and if you can get a lower apr with the promotions 5.8% etc cause thats real high.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: kawasaki let the good times roll credit card

Cut card. 17% what a laugh.

If you do not have any other cards though use this one and pay off balance every month. After a 6 months apply for a better rate card. Might as well use the bastards the same way they use us. lol

Cash and carry f-interest.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yes I got the card, and if I understand all of the fine print, the original purchase for the bike and the other stuff I bought was 5.9% Anything I buy with the card from here on out is at the High percentage rate. I'm not big on paying that much to use the card. But that does bring up a related question that I will be asking the Longview dealership on Saturday, I really want to buy 2 more bikes, but only if I can get the 5.9% on the deal. Do I have to start all over and open two more accounts? or am I stuck now? If so I will hold off for a while.

deej

Old 01-13-2006, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: deej
I really want to buy 2 more bikes, but only if I can get the 5.9% on the deal. Do I have to start all over and open two more accounts? or am I stuck now? If so I will hold off for a while.

deej
Ask the dealer -- to sell 2 more bikes, I bet he will come up with an answer.
To make sales, they can get real creative, if they have to.

Hey -- 2 more of what kind of bikes?

Old 01-19-2006, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Update, I talked to two dealers, and If I buy Bikes with the card, I can get the 5.9%, but where they get you is gear and parts. So watch out for that.

deej

Old 01-19-2006, 09:13 PM

Deej,

Typically the Good Times Card from Kawasaki can be used quite effectively for the purchase of NEW motorcycles from authorized Kawasaki dealerships and get the 5.9% financing for 24 months.

Where they get you is if you are late on a payment or miss a payment. Then the entire balance goes up to the 17.9% rate. Also if you keep the account open past the 24 months, same thing happens.

You can make out quite well on their promotions by buying the bike, then paying it off a little each month, or put that money into an interest bearing account or money market and your effective interest almost disappears. It works out like a free loan when handled properly.

I've purchased a couple of bikes that way and it works for me. Just be ready to pay the bike off when you make the 24th payment!

Typically the total amount on the card is what they look for, not how many purchases you've made.

At least that's my .02ยข!

Old 01-19-2006, 09:23 PM

Doesn't sound good to me. Sounds like in the end, that's exactly where they stick it to you (in the end)![:@]

Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Deej,

Typically the Good Times Card from Kawasaki can be used quite effectively for the purchase of NEW motorcycles from authorized Kawasaki dealerships and get the 5.9% financing for 24 months.

Where they get you is if you are late on a payment or miss a payment. Then the entire balance goes up to the 17.9% rate. Also if you keep the account open past the 24 months, same thing happens.

You can make out quite well on their promotions by buying the bike, then paying it off a little each month, or put that money into an interest bearing account or money market and your effective interest almost disappears. It works out like a free loan when handled properly.

I've purchased a couple of bikes that way and it works for me. Just be ready to pay the bike off when you make the 24th payment!

Typically the total amount on the card is what they look for, not how many purchases you've made.

At least that's my .02ยข!

Hey Marty, while I agree that it would be nice to send in the final payment in two years, I however have to watch my money carefully. In the loan it goes from 5.9% to 9.9 after 24 months, not 17.9%, and that I can live with.

deej