Just an observation...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:11 AM
1st Gear Member

My buddy's with Harley's always give me a hard time
i just say...you pick fifty mile's of road and il pick five and let's see witch bike finishes fifty five miles...that shut's them up lol.

And last week two guy's in a beautiful sixty three Vet almost dislocated there neck's
trying to look at the bike and give me the thumbs up.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Funny stuff guys.

There's a harley bar out in the sticks close to where I go riding around the sugar cane fields and lake O. I've been stopping there occasionally for a few months now to get a burger and a beer after riding. Got a 45 minute ride home afterward.

Well these harley guys are not posers, but the real deal.

I alway park the klx far away from the other bikes, eat my burger & beer.....chug a couple glasses of water and get about my business of getting home....usually muddy too....but they got a hose on the side so I clean up a little before going in.

Well last saturday afternoon this F'er comes barging in the front door and says who the F is riding that ugly jap bike?? I pipe up immediately and go .... yeah that lil dirt bike is mine. He says "shut the F up, I'm not talking to you, I know you, I'm looking for a punk and punks don't ride dirt bikes." lol

Apparently he was someone important in his "group" ..... shortly after things settled a little bit and the "punk" went outside with said F'er one of them bought me a beer, which I didn't want, but drank anyway...and I scooted home.

When I was walking out the door one of them said, come have a beer anytime. Not sure I will stop there again, but they do know me and don't mind me....I try to listen to nuthin that is said.

Oh the "punk" was on a nice new purdy slab machine....no idea what the issue was.

Last edited by Finger Mullet; 10-03-2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:30 PM
1st Gear Member

With enduro bikes able to be registered here no-one pays any attention to the KLX except for a few non riders. It just gets lost in a sea of orange red & blue

Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 PM
1st Gear Member

With the Two Brothers pipe I'm always getting a look.
They usually come with the question "is it a 450." Funny.

Old 10-03-2008, 05:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
With the Two Brothers pipe I'm always getting a look.
They usually come with the question "is it a 450." Funny.
Lol something like that happened to me.. The day I had the wheelie crash, some guys came to see what happened.. And they have been watching me wheelieing for a few days.. So they come up to my dad and ask him if its a 1000 lol, then my dad told them its a 250 Modified to be a 600 LMAO!

There are very few big bikes over here, so thats why wenever they see a nice bike they always ask if its a 1000 lol..

Old 10-16-2008, 02:05 AM
1st Gear Member

i ride mine in a city environment everyday and it is amazing. light enough to flick around, tall enough to see over traffic, great gas mileage, faster than the average car, list goes on! i get tons of looks (even though most are WTF looks) the only thing i had to do was change to drz400 tires (80/20 street/dirt), i believe them to be perfect for what i do with the bike- ive even had them down to New Hope PA carving corners with my friends Triumph Sprint RS. gotta say the bike being a little sketchy on the highway is my only problem

Old 02-05-2009, 03:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
haha, yea i was following a car full of early 20's chicks one day, and the one completely hung out the window, from waist up, and pulled up her shirt... i was like sweet!!!.... then she had a bikini top on.... and started bouncing them... i couldnt belive it.....
this klx is 1st bike i've ever owned/ridden. had it for a few weeks now. the first week i had it a babe did the same thing to me. i took that as a sign from God that i had made the right decision to get this bike

Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member

When I DON'T ride the bike to school, everybody asks why I didn't ride that cool dirt bike

Old 02-05-2009, 08:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoedogg
with one of these you will demand respect!!
I'd love to have a ride like this but I'm afraid it would be a real handful chasing jackrabbits through the sagebrush. I'd look good though

Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I so far have ridden 99% road with mine and chose the KLX because of it's on and off road ability's.Highway riding on a bike is not for me!! If grandma pulls out in front of me, which she will, the bike is much easier to move around and over if needed. I've got a little over 700 miles on mine and I got it Oct.2 08. Love this bike! It is starting to suck my wallet for mods....

Quick Reply: Just an observation...