Just an observation...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 05:03 PM
1st Gear Member

i get possitive comments all the time. hell yesterday i was looking for a forest road and stoped to take a drink when i couldnt find it. a cop (basicly out in the middle of no where) stop in the middle of the road and ask "does that have a plate", i said yes, then he asks "what year is that". after my replie, i asked him if he knew what i was looking for. not only did he point me the right way, before he took off, he even said "nice bike". normally its "can i please check what in you back pack" or "your exhaust is illegal" (own a lowered/ modded civic, not riced out fyi, ive fought 3 exhuast tickets and won every time). the thing i hate though is that i work at a sports bar, and when i pull it out from that back, some drunk always has to ask me "let me ride it". i always have to say "not only do i not even know your name, but your drinking, get lost buddy".

Old 10-01-2008, 05:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hoedogg
the knobbies would just get ate up by all the pavement EMS has the right idea!
You guys are talking about the tires, not the bike.

Suspension would be great in cities with a lot of bad streets and construction.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't know what its like in your areas but here if have a street bike you always give the other person the left-handed upside down casual 'heil hitler' wave. Or at the very least, you raise the three fingers on your left hand of the grip. That happens all the time to every bike you pass. I found that to be the case when your riding a dirtbike off road, and when your riding a streetbike on road. However, with these bikes on the street that only happens about 50% of the time. BUT, if you come across another DS bike you definately get it. One day this one dude passed me on a Yami and he gave me an extremely enthusiastic thumbs up and about fell off his bike. I laughed for a mile after that. Even came home and told my wife about it.
________
Ipad Cases

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:31 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

one time i got a "hang ten" ( extended pinky and thumb, rest of the fingers in) from a sport biker... was funny... you really get the looks if your covered in mud too....

Old 10-01-2008, 08:00 PM
1st Gear Member

People in my area have always had nice comments on the KLX. I've even had folks stop short at stop lights, roll down the window and say "cool bike". The bikes are so unusual that people look at them more. The only time I get strange looks is when I have a 30 pack of miller Lite bungee corded to the back of the bike

Mike

Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 PM
1st Gear Member

I get a LOT of looks on this bike around town. It screams "DIRT BIKE" with the height and knobbies and retina burning green. I get lots of waves from little kids.

Seems like I'll get waves from other D/S or sport bikes, but only a couple Harleys. There is a BMW GS I greet almost every morning on the way to work. Most of the other bikes around here are standard street bikes that are growing in numbers for commuters, and they don't seem as friendly.

Last edited by testify4; 10-01-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I get the Kawasaki green with envy looks all the time. Everyone looks at me and the bike like they wish they had one. Maybe you should move to a small town. Oh and hoedogg, if he wanted to ride a boring bike then he would have picked up a moped. But like most of us that have the KLX we want the best of both worlds. Come on Hoe, stop fighting it and get a dual sport already. You know you want to.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 PM
1st Gear Member

One day I was sitting at a light and a I hear "hey buddy" I turned around and looked at the guy in the next lane. He says "I saw cops pulling over guys on dirtbikes, so be careful". Now, I'm sitting 6 ft from this guy. He can see the plate, lights, signals, mirros....the works. I mean, if anything the plate says its a road legal machine. I told him that the bike is legal. He said "yeah but the cops won't think that" I said well first of all I pass cops all the time and no one pulled me over, and I just passed 2 within the last half hour and they didn't pull me over and even if they did, its legal,..what can they do? So I think I'll be alright. Thinking that was the end of the conversation I turned around and he says "well just be careful". I'm thinking, what a damn idiot.. didn't this guy hear me? I just said "yeah, thanks".

This all happened during a red light.
________
HEMP MARIJUANA

Last edited by JasonFMX; 03-29-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I get nothing but friendly waves, smiles, and thumbs-up on my bike. Every single biker I pass, be it HD hog, cruiser, or crotch rocket, gives me the wave. So much so that sometimes I miss returning it and I feel bad

As for the DS and off-roaders, EVERYBODY stops and looks at my bike. I guess because its so new. Even dirty and scratched, I guess the design of the plastics yells "new".

Old 10-01-2008, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I get people asking me questions all the time about my klx and since the motard upgrade guys are always saying the thing is sick lookin

Quick Reply: Just an observation...