just noticed a trend...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 12:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Default just noticed a trend...

why the hell are some many people selling there bikes? mines staying with me till it blows up, gets rebuilt, then blows again.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

lets blame it on the economy.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:04 AM
1st Gear Member

I don't think there is more people selling their bike...
I think more people put their KLX for sell on this forum...because a lot of KLX enthousiasts use to hang around !

Old 09-06-2010, 02:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by work
lets blame it on the economy.
Ahh, that's exactly the reason I bought my bike. Much better fuel economy...

Old 09-06-2010, 02:59 AM
1st Gear Member

i noticed alot of onroad/offroad bikes for sale in mackay, not sure why, they look like juice guzzlers, never going to sell mine if it breaks i just fix it thats my theory

Old 09-06-2010, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Might have something to do with that gay marriage stuff going in in Cali ?

Old 09-06-2010, 04:53 AM
1st Gear Member

I have noticed this a lot as well. I think it is for several reasons

For one, I think people nowadays have way shorter attention spans. Especially within like the last few years. Before I bought my 250, i had a little kawi KE100 two stroke that I messed around with when gas was like $4+ a gallon. I drove it back and forth to work for for a year before I bought my KLX. Once I started driving it to work, about 4 of my co-workers got jealous and went out and bought bikes. However, they couldn't be bothered with buying little bikes, so one of them went out and bought WR450 and made it street legal and did the yz mod. Two of them went out and bought KTM's and the last went out and bought a BMW 650. None of them had any skills or much past experience. They all spent thousands on mods and gear, rode them a year ( maybe ) and now they have all sold them and moved on to different hobbies.

I think they would all still be riding if they started out slow and had fun while doing it. It would kill there image though if they had to ride a measley 250, these are men, if it doesn't have 50 hp or more and can't ride a wheelie doing 60 down the freeway, its a girly bike.

And second, I think that is the mentality of most new motorcycle riders. They have to have the biggest baddest thing around. Especially when it comes to dual sports, if it isn't orange, it isn't any good.

Last edited by BigSky KLX; 09-06-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigSky KLX
I have noticed this a lot as well. I think it is for several reasons

For one, I think people nowadays have way shorter attention spans. Especially within like the last few years. Before I bought my 250, i had a little kawi KE100 two stroke that I messed around with when gas was like $4+ a gallon. I drove it back and forth to work for for a year before I bought my KLX. Once I started driving it to work, about 4 of my co-workers got jealous and went out and bought bikes. However, they couldn't be bothered with buying little bikes, so one of them went out and bought WR450 and made it street legal and did the yz mod. Two of them went out and bought KTM's and the last went out and bought a BMW 650. None of them had any skills or much past experience. They all spent thousands on mods and gear, rode them a year ( maybe ) and now they have all sold them and moved on to different hobbies.

I think they would all still be riding if they started out slow and had fun while doing it. It would kill there image though if they had to ride a measley 250, these are men, if it doesn't have 50 hp or more and can't ride a wheelie doing 60 down the freeway, its a girly bike.

And second, I think that is the mentality of most new motorcycle riders. They have to have the biggest baddest thing around. Especially when it comes to dual sports, if it isn't orange, it isn't any good.
You may be on to something here. Boats, bikes, guns, those with little experience tend to buy the trendy (biggest, baddest **** they can afford) choice, then have little patience for the sharp learning curve.

You might have noticed that a lot of the inmates here have old school, small dirt bike backgrounds that are well suited to the KLX, don't have unreasonable expectations and are therefore mostly happy with the bike. Yeah, I want more ponies, stiffer springs, better seat yada yada but I wouldn't trade those shortcomings for a 650 that would be a handful on a single track. Personal preference to be sure, but I'd rather toss the KLX around on a single track than wrestle another 100lbs around...

Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigSky KLX
. It would kill there image though if they had to ride a measley 250, these are men, if it doesn't have 50 hp or more and can't ride a wheelie doing 60 down the freeway, its a girly bike.

funny when you pass the "men" on a "girly bike"

Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
why the hell are some many people selling there bikes?
I think it's because the dual sport thing is getting popular now, and so many KLX's have been bought in the last couple of years.
Let's face it, the KLX just doesn't have enough for most people, and seems to be a stepping stone bike to something more serious, like a KTM, or Husky 450, or a pure street bike like a Versys, or Vstrom. Not too many make a sideways move to a new KLX, or WR250.

I love my KLX. Of all the bikes I have, it sees the most action, by far. I was all ready to sell it last year, and replace it with a street plated KDX220. I'm glad I changed my mind. The KDX is for sale now.

Last edited by zomby woof; 09-06-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Quick Reply: just noticed a trend...