Just got my 2 Brothers M7 slip on, not happy

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 05:10 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just got my 2 Brothers M7 slip on, not happy

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

It wasn't "muffler tape," it was aluminum tape, just metal basically. The adhesive will melt but the metal wont. Used it all the time on my TZ 250 and those spannies got hot.
ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

09KLXowner,

I read the post westoz mentioned something about the gasket at the tail end of the header pipe would not allow the mid-pipe to seat correctly, so he removed the gasket and applied muffler tape to the end of the mid-pipe to provide a seal between to the two. I think I may take a look at the auto store to see if I can't find a high heat gasket glue that would do the same...but if not, I am sure the tape would last too.
so let me get this straight and true; your two-brothers slip-on that is supposed to be purposely built for the KLX250S does not match up with the oem header well enough to seal it up airtight or at least so it does not leak exhaust or the dreaded black soot? And you need to use some sort of band-aid metal tape to make that seal? Is this an accurate description of what you're saying? This is the first I've heard of this on a two-brothers for this bike. It seems to me that unless you buy a true full system, thereare inherent problems of some nature with every slip-on and it's connection either to the frame in back or the oem header pipe. I don't want that, I want a perfect fit- no spacers, no metal tape; just a direct bolt on and it lines up perfectly and seals up tight as a drum. I got that with the BG and I'm sure the Muzzy is like that too. The FMF is too long and expensive imo. So here we are back at square one again with the BG or the Muzzy. I give up.[&o]

Old 04-25-2008, 05:35 AM
1st Gear Member

No, no, no.[sm=itsok.gif]
The pipe fit perfectly in the header.
Kawasaki failed to insert the gasket in the header to the full depth. (Your bike will have one too.)
I tried to move the gasket deeper , to seat it properly. But as the bike already has some K's on it , this was not possible and resulted in deforming the gasket.
You cannot buy the said gasket as on OE spare.
The new mid pipe from 2 Bros got 2 wraps of metal tape (used many times by many people in the pits of our local track).
Sweet perfect fit, as 2 Bros and Kwaka intended.
If I could get the OE gasket I would have, but I'm confident that what I've done is up to my high standards.
Ultimately, I'm happy.
See the "Christmas come early" thread for more info. LINK

Old 04-26-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

From what I haveread, I went with the two brothers for the fitment and quality of the product. I am disappointed right now because they didn't take the time to confirm the parts were all there and now i am waiting even longer than the 2 weeks extra I waited for the muffler in the first place, but ultimately I think i will be more than pleased. I liked the short muffler of the 2 bros better than any other I have seen so far..next choice would have been full muzzy for sure..it's just looks good...

Old 04-26-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

You'll be happy.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

From what I haveread, I went with the two brothers for the fitment and quality of the product. I am disappointed right now because they didn't take the time to confirm the parts were all there and now i am waiting even longer than the 2 weeks extra I waited for the muffler in the first place, but ultimately I think i will be more than pleased. I liked the short muffler of the 2 bros better than any other I have seen so far..next choice would have been full muzzy for sure..it's just looks good...
weird you say that about the muzzy because it is nearly the longest of the mufflers for the bikes. Now you've got potential fitment problems like OZ hadwhen you get yourtwo-brothers. Using tape on my new bike wouldn't be acceptable. Come to think about it, it wouldn't be acceptable on any of my bikes.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Put 85 KMs on the new pipe this AM. Freakin' awesome.[sm=gears.gif] Gotta work with the jetting a tad, it's not too far out.
All I can say is the bike got a bit of a trashing. Table tops, whoops, berms and plenty of loam and single track.
Oh and for all you haters out there, not a peap from the pipe, it's true as, and no signs of a leak anywhere. I stand by my knowledge and experience. (It's been hard gained.)[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 04-26-2008, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Im new too, Ive also noticed this, it really is unnessessary!!

Ive been a member of a different forum on outdoors sporting goods, never in 7 years seen such non sense......as my dad would say, you problem people should grow up and get back to the task at hand

[&:]

Old 04-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hunterhenderson

Im new

Ive been a member of a different forum

if you don't like it, go back to the other forums. isn't that the sensible thing to do?
stating our differences is what makes this forum interesting. if we all believed the same exact thing and never disagreed, it would be very boring.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 04-27-2008, 03:15 AM
1st Gear Member

ha ha ha..that's funny[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Quick Reply: Just got my 2 Brothers M7 slip on, not happy