Just got my 2 Brothers M7 slip on, not happy

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Just got my 2 Brothers M7 slip on, not happy

deej, first of all I apologize for re-viving this thread, but it fits what I am about to say....just got my new two-brothers slip-on and I am not happy....I mean the pipe and muffler look great and were packed really well, BUT THE X_RING wasn't in the box!!!!!!!!!!!! One would think someone in the customer service department would have rectified that issue the first time it happened...right?? great product? maybe....but poor attention to shipping verification for sure!! AND...Since i live on the east coast, it'll likely take at least a week to get here as well...dammit.[:@] Okay I feel better now. BTW...where did that BS thread go...I may have a break down.[&:]

Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudjunkie

deej, first of all I apologize for re-viving this thread, but it fits what I am about to say....just got my new two-brothers slip-on and I am not happy....I mean the pipe and muffler look great and were packed really well, BUT THE X_RING wasn't in the box!!!!!!!!!!!! One would think someone in the customer service department would have rectified that issue the first time it happened...right?? great product? maybe....but poor attention to shipping verification for sure!! AND...Since i live on the east coast, it'll likely take at least a week to get here as well...dammit.[:@] Okay I feel better now. BTW...where did that BS thread go...I may have a break down.[&:]

WTF??? you too? now I know I'm not getting a two-brothers. Nice pipes, but when you can't even use them, the stock pipe looks pretty good. at least when Muzzy forgot pipe spring hangers you could still use the darn things. this is unacceptable to me, especially for a pipe that, at the cheapest price, is $329.[&:]

Old 04-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Old 04-25-2008, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Got mine, and I'm happy. [sm=happybounce.gif]
Sorry to hear your supplier stuffed up. I used BTO, A1 service. I emailed them to check the contents of the box before shipping, after reading your initial thread. They replied saying it was standard practice to do so. Very, very helpful.
Take another deep breath. Everything comes to those who wait.

Check my post regarding the small fitting issue.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:22 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WestOzKLX

Got mine, and I'm happy. [sm=happybounce.gif]
Sorry to hear your supplier stuffed up. I used BTO, A1 service. I emailed them to check the contents of the box before shipping, after reading your initial thread. They replied saying it was standard practice to do so. Very, very helpful.
Take another deep breath. Everything comes to those who wait.

Check my post regarding the small fitting issue.

wow, that is one sweet looking pipe. where is your post regarding the fitment issue? what was the problem?

Old 04-25-2008, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Yeah...I had a sinking feeling this would happen after reading someone else's post that said they were missing that part...was really excited when I saw the muffler was waiting for me after work, but hit the low when I saw no way to attach the pipe to the can..bummer..oh well it's snowing here tonite anyway so no riding anyhow..plus nobrakes post put a smile back on my face...

Old 04-25-2008, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

09KLXowner,

I read the post westoz mentioned something about the gasket at the tail end of the header pipe would not allow the mid-pipe to seat correctly, so he removed the gasket and applied muffler tape to the end of the mid-pipe to provide a seal between to the two. I think I may take a look at the auto store to see if I can't find a high heat gasket glue that would do the same...but if not, I am sure the tape would last too.

Old 04-25-2008, 03:41 AM
1st Gear Member

i must have gotten lucky, my 2 bros came with everything. and i have no regrets after 23,000 miles.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8945/6D2D33949A9641EC9DFBCAEB0D1C5242.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-25-2008, 04:21 AM
1st Gear Member

HOW quiet is the 2 bros. compared to the FMF.

Old 04-25-2008, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member

It wasn't "muffler tape," it was aluminum tape, just metal basically. The adhesive will melt but the metal wont. Used it all the time on my TZ 250 and those spannies got hot.

09KLXowner,

I read the post westoz mentioned something about the gasket at the tail end of the header pipe would not allow the mid-pipe to seat correctly, so he removed the gasket and applied muffler tape to the end of the mid-pipe to provide a seal between to the two. I think I may take a look at the auto store to see if I can't find a high heat gasket glue that would do the same...but if not, I am sure the tape would last too.

Quick Reply: Just got my 2 Brothers M7 slip on, not happy