just finnished a few mods and accels rough?? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default just finnished a few mods and accels rough?? HELP

So im a new KLX guy and just bought a new 07, changed the bars prontp, added the 13 tooth front sprocket and then opened up the crankcase breather hole in the airbox, plus took the smog stuff off and put the kdx snorkel on it, no other mods other than drilling out the pipe

I ordered all the jet stuff you all talk about plus the two brothers pipe which im waiting for, so i have not jetted or piped and now under acceleration it seems like its holding back quite a bit, slow speeds is fine, get on the throttle and it doesnt miss, it just seems to want to go but its being held back

any help for me

HH

Old 04-22-2008, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: just finnished a few mods and accels rough?? HELP

its just running lean, your gonna love that 2 brothers, ilove mine, what jets are you gonna use, you might wanna look at I re-jetted forum, i'm gonna put in there the most optimal jetting for that combination.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:51 AM
1st Gear Member

Try putting the stock snorkle back in until you get the new jets..I bet that does it. Also make sure you got good seals on the carb where you took the smog stuff off....a small leak can make a big difference.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:54 AM
1st Gear Member

+ 1...

The air intake is now opened up but gas is still constricted and the outflow is still stuffed up with that stock muffler so the bike is bogging down when you open it up...

Changing out the outflow with the new muffler and dialing in the jetting & air/fuel screw should fix it and give you some additional HP....

Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Dirt...been surfing....we just had a sweet swell with that last cold front.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep,

It's been warming up quite a bit here, water is in the mid-40s now!!!! Its practically summer!!! HA!

Old 04-22-2008, 08:37 PM
1st Gear Member

This past weekend I did some of the modifications on my 07; Drilled the silencer, added the snorkel and put on the 13T front sprocket -didn't get to install the Dynojet kit yet. But the bike runs great -I only have about 30 mile on it, but it revs quicker and 1, 2nd and 3rd pull great. I did not touch the smog crap. I also have a totally stock twin with 28 miles that my son rides and the difference between the two is dramatic.
Take care, Glen

Old 04-23-2008, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DirtSurfer
Yep,

It's been warming up quite a bit here, water is in the mid-40s now!!!! Its practically summer!!! HA!
You're nutz.... the coldest I can surf is 62 F ...... how the hell do you duck dive ..... brrrrrrrr.

lol.... I would just ride a bike till summer. I can't deal with theice cream head-aches even with a hood.....but I'm a cold hatin Cracker.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:32 AM

My advice is to leave the bike alone until all mods are completed, running it with a mod here or there could spell trouble. Get all the parts together and installed and then take it for a ride to dial it in. Each modification with air intake and fuel and exhuast are all related to each other and you change one of those 3, you need to change the others. lean running = damaged motor.[&o]I did it by the book and my bike purrs like a cougar. Nice choice on the 2 brother exhuast, I think it looks terrific and is well designed.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:07 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kzrpk5

My advice is to leave the bike alone until all mods are completed, running it with a mod here or there could spell trouble. Get all the parts together and installed and then take it for a ride to dial it in. Each modification with air intake and fuel and exhuast are all related to each other and you change one of those 3, you need to change the others. lean running = damaged motor.[&o]I did it by the book and my bike purrs like a cougar. Nice choice on the 2 brother exhuast, I think it looks terrific and is well designed.
he's okay though because he said he opened up his airbox while he opened up his exhaust. this won't hurt anything. it may be starved for fuel, but it won't lean it out anymore than already. had he just drilled his exhaust or just opened his airbox up alone, that would have been somewhat bad but it's not like it is going to immediately freeze up his engine. I ran my BigGun full exhaust for around a week and a half before diving into the carb and airbox. You are right, it would be ideal to do all the mods at once, but for some people's schedule that just isn't possible.

Quick Reply: just finnished a few mods and accels rough?? HELP