Jumping klx250s?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 04:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Jumping klx250s?

I was on a message board and someone said that jumping a non MX bke such as my klx will damage the frame?1?!?!?!!?

Old 09-06-2006, 04:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Jumping klx250s?

Uh yea unless you weigh 500 lbs, they are full of it. Our bikes have the suspension that is made for jumping, I mean come on its a dirt bike with blinkers. And it sounds like you are on the wrong forum, maybe you should hang around here from now on.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 09-06-2006, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member

id hafta say that it maybe partially true... i jumped mine off of a coal culm pile last week.... caught massive air slamming the supension to bottom with quite the crack on bottoming it out... hopefully itll be a little better after some minor adjustment as soon as i have the time. i would guess if i was to do this repetively that the frame would eventually stress crack somewhere on a weld..........
and i weigh 165 lbs [8D]
edit: damn i wish i had some video of that jump... lol

Old 09-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Ahhh ... good times.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jsac

id hafta say that it maybe partially true... i jumped mine off of a coal culm pile last week.... caught massive air slamming the supension to bottom with quite the crack on bottoming it out... hopefully itll be a little better after some minor adjustment as soon as i have the time. i would guess if i was to do this repetively that the frame would eventually stress crack somewhere on a weld..........
and i weigh 165 lbs [8D]
edit: damn i wish i had some video of that jump... lol
Crank up the suspension, I maxed mine out, and I have no problems, of course I weigh 240 and I always keep both wheels on the ground, well except for the wheelies I keep doing...... even in town. I got a 40 footer the other day.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:16 AM
1st Gear Member

u should heard how loud it was when i landed and bottomed it out :x
thought i snapped her in half.. lol
how do i max the front suspension out tho?

Old 09-06-2006, 11:13 AM
1st Gear Member

At the way bottom of the forks there is a little rubber cap on both sides remove them. Then if you can see under(if you don't have a lift it makes it difficult) there will be an adjusting screw(flat head). This is known as the compression adjustment the only adjustment on the stock front forks. Turn it clockwise to make your forks stiffer. Make sure they're both set the same, put the rubber caps back and you're set. I forget how many clicks there is total, its been awhile since I've done mine. Factory is somewhere around 10 clicks out right?(someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

If our bikes share the same forks as the 300, I know race tech makes springs and re-valve kit that will make your bike the jumper you want it too be. I was going to order the springs and re-valve kit but when I looked up the part numbers for the 250 and 300 forks they were different, I think and hope its only because our forks are bronze colored and the 300 are gold.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:01 PM
1st Gear Member

Anybody know if those gold re-valve kits are even worth the money. Springs wont be to bad, maybe 250 bucks for both front and back. Add in those gold re-valve kits though and things could get Expensive real quick. I will be doing springs too but will probably skip gold valve seal kits.

LV

Quick Reply: Jumping klx250s?