The Jig Is Up! See pics.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: The Jig Is Up! See pics.......

zapitsbullseye,

thanks for the thread, I just finished drilling out the baffles of my exhaust, will head to a weld shop tomorrow to have the new end cap welded on....although I didn't cut the side of the muffler, I did manage to drill a 1 3/8 inch hole through to the spark arrester? (the pipe with the holes along the sides)..put the muffler on just long enuf to hear what it sounded like..sounds pretty okay for the stock exhaust..I'm hoping it will do as a reasonable replacement until i can afford a slip-on, will probably keep the bike in the shop until I receive and install my jet kit and filter later this week..thanks again for posting

Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 AM

The only reason I did cut off the whole side was to get rid of the cat, but it didn't have one. Luckily, I was able to get the whole thing opened up because of the partsI cut off the side. I used an air chisel to cut all the baffling out. I think if you don't get it ALL out, you won't see a very much difference in performance. You have to re-jet though. Today, I ended up shimming the stock needle 1.8mm using washers from a jet kit (a local bike shop gave them to me). I did have a very light midrange tip in flutter which I think was a lean spot. WOT was ok. I also backed out the "fuel screw" another half turn, so now it's 2 full turns out from the bottom. It still idles perfect, and revs great, but I haven't driven it again yet. We'll see how it goes tommorow on my way to work. So far I am extremely pleased with the results, seeing how I didn't spend hardly crap!

Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Will Shoe

I'm 170 10% body fat and 6'0" and trying to gain weight...
update.. 175 and 3% muscle and benching 225 wide grip, curling 120 and squating 400 . I need to stop lifting, cause if i get to big it will turn to fat.... Kinda like deej

haha jk bud

If this works out, tell me how you did it because i need to do something, I feel like I'm riding a chinese bike...
Will are you saying that you gained 5 lbs and dropped 7% body fat in one day? That's impossibleDude the roids are rotting your brain. Remember weight isn't the only thing that shrinks.

Old 09-25-2007, 02:46 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm 170 10% body fat and 6'0" and trying to gain weight...
update.. 175 and 3% muscle and benching 225 wide grip, curling 120 and squating 400 . I need to stop lifting, cause if i get to big it will turn to fat.... Kinda like deej

haha jk bud

If this works out, tell me how you did it because i need to do something, I feel like I'm riding a chinese bike...
Oh and [sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 09-25-2007, 06:14 PM

Hmm, you're requesting photos of a teenage boy working out? [insert your own joke here]

Old 09-25-2007, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member

No, last time I checked my body fat was last year... Same with weight. I'll try and get pics this weekend..

Wait, deej are you sure you arent MJ?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

last i checked he was a maintenance tech not a preacher[&:]...lol
ORIGINAL: 67L48

Hmm, you're requesting photos of a teenage boy working out? [insert your own joke here]

Old 09-25-2007, 07:44 PM
1st Gear Member

MJ?

Old 09-25-2007, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh Michael Jackson right I get it, yea that was funny Hey what does MJ and JC Penney have in common?

They both have little boys pants half off.[8D][8D][8D]

Old 09-25-2007, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hoedogg

last i checked he was a maintenance tech not a preacher[&:]...lol
ORIGINAL: 67L48

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: The Jig Is Up! See pics.......