Jetting my carb back to stock, need help with fuel screw turns etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 11:05 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Jetting my carb back to stock, need help with fuel screw turns etc.

Alright, so I had my carb jetted iwth a Stage 1 Dyno by someone else and I now need to put it back to stock. I'm not sure how many screws out the Fuel Screw needs to be or if it was fully seated when it was stock. I know then I just have to put the stock screw back in the Main Jet and then replace the spring ?? Any help with this?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Try 2 turns out as a starting point.

Old 08-13-2012, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

When I pulled the fuel-screw cover plug off my carb and checked, it was about 1.1 turns out from lightly seated. That was the stock condition for MY bike. Others have said a little more than 1 turn out is what they've found. Shouldn't be less than 1 turn out under most circumstances.

Just curious...why going back to stock settings?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm looking for an aftermarket fuel screw if you'd like some $$$ for yours when you replace it with the stock fuelscrew. Also looking for a better seat and other stuff if you're selling the goods.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by djchan
I'm looking for an aftermarket fuel screw if you'd like some $$$ for yours when you replace it with the stock fuelscrew. Also looking for a better seat and other stuff if you're selling the goods.
Found a fuel screw from ProCycle:

Kawasaki KLX250S Parts, Performance, & Accessories - ProCycle

Old 08-13-2012, 05:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by IDRIDR
When I pulled the fuel-screw cover plug off my carb and checked, it was about 1.1 turns out from lightly seated. That was the stock condition for MY bike. Others have said a little more than 1 turn out is what they've found. Shouldn't be less than 1 turn out under most circumstances.

Just curious...why going back to stock settings?
selling the whip and moving across country, taking the jet kit and header/pipe with me

Old 08-13-2012, 09:01 PM
1st Gear Member

aside from the fuel screw... what else do i nee dto take out / switch to make it back to stock??? need help asap.. moving wednseday.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

There are 2 or 3 dynojet kits that we've used in our KLXs. Without knowing exactly which one you used, it's difficult to answer your question. My kit did not include a new spring, but instead had me slightly enlarge the slide lift hole, use the DJ needle, adjust the fuel mix screw, and change the main jet. But my kit was #2206, stage 2 for a KLX300. Your PO may have used one of the other kits. Dynojet Jet Kits - Offering Motorcycle Jet Kits & ATV Jet Kits

Do you have documentation from the PO?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

turned it 1 turn out... i ran into a problem.. could either have to do with the spring in the slide or the fuel mix screw being turned out only 1 turn... but I'm not getting full throttle and my max speed on raod is 55 mph... very frustrating! I have tomorrow to fix the bike, so I need some good input from you guys. at neutral it revs all the way up to 12, so i dont think its a problem with the jets or anything... i hope its easy enough that its just to turn the fuel mix screw but i think that would just make it either run lean or rich.......
\
i really think i just dint get the seal in right on the top of the carb when i changed out the needle and spring / spacers and the vaccuum isnt working correctly and so the slide isnt going all the way up

Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Someone said 2 turns out, usually more than stock IMO. But I'd go 1.25 to 1.5. That shouldn't too much for your full throttle. Check to make sure your diaphragm is in correctly. May need a hot soak.

Quick Reply: Jetting my carb back to stock, need help with fuel screw turns etc.