Jetting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

It's cool,I didn't actually bolt it in tight-I didn't have the header yet anyways.It's a perfect fit you guys!! Nice job FMF!!You guys know your exhaust,always have.Dynojet kit will be here today or tomorrow for sure.Mondays the day it looks like.I hope you guys are around when I'm begging for help on carb issues!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Dynojet kit showed up.I understand everything just fine-But 1 thing,they say 3 turns out to start with.I did 3 complete turns out from flush.Some people consider a half a twist to be 1 turn-if thats the case I'm way out of bounds---Anyone????

Old 08-05-2011, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

A full turn is a full turn and half is a half

Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

Outstanding!That's what I thought.Extremely nice to know that there's not a bunch of morons on here.You guys are smart,I appreciate it.The carbs all together,setup they way we talked about.I had no idea that the carb was so simple(knock on wood).I haven't seen alot of jetkits,but it went really smooth and it's nice stuff.DJ is very decent-smart.I have to work all weekend,might screw around with it tonight yet a little.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Got it together this morning already.I can't get a new spark plug and filter oil till tomorrow-I'm broke!Airbox lid is off right now.No oil on the twinair.I hit the starter,feathered the choke a couple times,and the beast woke up.Sounds frickin wild!Smack the throttle and it's right there,all the way up.I won't get to take her out till tomorrow to actually experience it all the way,no idea how my plug is running yet.Only one way to do that,and it's not revving it in the garage.First thing I noticed is it gets plenty fuel right away.Before I'd have to ride the choke till it started getting constant.Seems like it was so lean and never really there to begin with.The pipe looks sexy and fits perfect.So we'll see what happens tomorrow.It aint over yet-misery loves company.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
1st Gear Member

I did let it run for awhile and revved it hard.Pulled the plug and it looks awesome.If anything,it's lean,from no filter oil or airbox lid.I started looking at the license plate bracket and cut away a ton of plastic,just enough to hold the blinkers and plate,sanded the cuts,looks wild.Alot cleaner-get rid of that enduro look.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member

I got everything done,a tiny over draft-who cares!What can I say-it's FMF.This bike went from-oh that's kinda nice I guess,to a frickin head turner and,I want one of those now!Went down town-every hottie turned to look in one way or another.Little kids love it-parents think it's annoying and you're gonna run over their kids.Either way it got that want to rip it up sex appeal to it.I know,say what you will.But that's exactly the truth!I'm in love with it now.Thanks guys.KLX FREAK FOREVER!!

Old 08-13-2011, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Spoke to soon!

I had my snorkel off for 20 minutes-rode it-plug was white.Put the snorkel back on-rode it-it changed maybe a shade to bone white.It does hesitate at high rrrs.Guess that 128 doesn't even come close.What the heck is up with this bike?Super lean from the showroom floor-super lean now.Is the 132 gonna do it-maybe-I doubt it.I dont understand-The power is there-it's never ran,idled or started better since I bought it!Just can't get the fuel I need on top-end.ANY IDEAS KLXers?

Old 08-13-2011, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Yes. Put the 132 in. Report back

Old 08-13-2011, 12:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ryan556
I had my snorkel off for 20 minutes-rode it-plug was white.Put the snorkel back on-rode it-it changed maybe a shade to bone white.It does hesitate at high rrrs.Guess that 128 doesn't even come close.What the heck is up with this bike?Super lean from the showroom floor-super lean now.Is the 132 gonna do it-maybe-I doubt it.I dont understand-The power is there-it's never ran,idled or started better since I bought it!Just can't get the fuel I need on top-end.ANY IDEAS KLXers?
Stop wasting your time trying to read plugs. With modern unleaded, alcohol blended fuels it's not possible to set up based on plug readings. If you show tan/brown on the porcelain, you will be WAY rich. As has been proven, the bike is not lean off the showroom floor.

Quick Reply: Jetting?