Jet kit or OEM Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Jet kit or OEM Parts?

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This sat·ire (sāt'īr') Pronunciation Key
n.[*][*]A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.[*]The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.[/ol][*]Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.[/ol]

Old 01-15-2008, 01:48 AM

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 02:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Im back, took a week to cool off from Idiot Guy. He is on my block list so I don't know what he is saying but can see the natives are getting restless.

I have actually had both the NTIC & the DJ on my KLX-S. I have actually seen a DJ needle, so I feel I can actually comment without blowing smoke (or worse the way some of you are talking).

The needles look NOTHING alike. You would swear they are not for the same machine. The DJ needle is great--helps on the CV lag tremendously. You could say the DJ barks like a rotweiler (ha). My big bore DJ revs faster than my stock bore NTIC, which is the opposite of how ittheoretically should be--thanks to DJ.

Fact--the FMF & K&N kits are identical to DJ. They will say DJ right on the instructions & parts.

Fact--the kit costs all of $48 from RMATV, sold as a K&N or FMF. Not much difference from the OEM stuff.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

deej- just wanted to get your curiosity, and it worked. \
DOH!!!! Busted[8D]

Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 AM
IG

it's all good brother, another day another opinion.....and of course, tons more pissed off and insulting KF members....yeah, including myself in there as my **** does stink.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: KLXer

Im back, took a week to cool off from Idiot Guy. He is on my block list so I don't know what he is saying but can see the natives are getting restless.

I have actually had both the NTIC & the DJ on my KLX-S. I have actually seen a DJ needle, so I feel I can actually comment without blowing smoke (or worse the way some of you are talking).

The needles look NOTHING alike. You would swear they are not for the same machine. The DJ needle is great--helps on the CV lag tremendously. You could say the DJ barks like a rotweiler (ha). My big bore DJ revs faster than my stock bore NTIC, which is the opposite of how ittheoretically should be--thanks to DJ.

Fact--the FMF & K&N kits are identical to DJ. They will say DJ right on the instructions & parts.

Fact--the kit costs all of $48 from RMATV, sold as a K&N or FMF. Not much difference from the OEM stuff.

KLXer- well welcome back. Sorry I set you back a week, I hope I didn't make your life outside the keyboard too miserable. Anyways, I KNOW you're reading this so let's just say I hope you can overcome your obsession with me and letting me ruin weeks at a time in your life. Come back to kf, your friends are missing you. Oh yeah, please please please let us know how you got your awesome CV carb'd KLX to rev even faster with that awesome DJ needle, I mean this may be the biggest mod ever if you let everyone know your exact specifications of the mod. Is it just the needle or is there some special KLXer touch that you need to have and that can only be achieved by taking weeks off at a time from the kf forums because of me? [sm=hiya.gif]

Old 01-15-2008, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

You tell him Iowa Guy, you're so smart, my hero.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: KLXer

Thanks for the insight!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

You tell him Iowa Guy, you're so smart, my hero.
Mine too! I'm obsessed with him. When I'm trying to get through the day, and facing an especially difficult decision, I just ask myself, "What would Iowaguy do?".

Quick Reply: Jet kit or OEM Parts?