Jet kit or OEM Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Default RE: Jet kit or OEM Parts?

ORIGINAL: IG
you got took. all of my oem jetting parts from ronayers.com was under $35 if I remember including the N1TC (better than DJ by far), 128 main, pin and circlip, 40 pilot which I never used. If you paid $30 for one main keihin jet, they saw you coming and were laughing as you went.
Man, for someone that gives a bunch of lip service, you sure dont say anything constructive.

So........have you ran the DJ kit?? Do you have any hard proof that your "setup" is far superior than the DJ kit? Dyno sheets maybe???

Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: vlodpg

Well I priced out the parts & this is what I came up with, If I am missing any parts someone let me know!

NEEDLE-JET,N1TC (16009-1912) $15.97
COLLAR (92143-1667) $2.45
CLAMP,JET NEEDLE (92037-1401) $1.91
MAIN JET,2ND,#125 (92063-1069) $6.26
MAIN JET,2ND,#128 (92063-1074) $6.26
DUCT,INLET (14073-1577) $22.50

EDIT:

JET-PILOT,#40 (92064-1108)
$7.58

Total including airbox snorkel is $56.94 +shipping. I don't think thats bad
LMAO- thanks for backing up my post vplog on pricing. Deej- lay off the caffeine buddy. I said what I said so others not realizing pricing won't believe that $60 for one jet is common. All you others, blah blah blah. If you want to pay $60 for one jet go ahead. But there's no need to get taken by someone at a kawasaki parts counter if you're half informed on what you need and what it should cost. Deej- I'm still laughing with your itallic laden post. You're proving you're a loose cannon just like the Brians, KLX'ers, and all the others who are obsessed with IG writes. You all worship, praise, and consider Brian (Nobrakes) the KF god even though he now has a KTM; anyways, just ask him what kind of needle he put in his KLX and then I'm sure you'll all change your tune. Thx, LMAO

Old 01-13-2008, 10:34 PM

You all worship, praise, and consider Brian (Nobrakes) the KF god even though he now has a KTM; anyways, just ask him what kind of needle he put in his KLX and then I'm sure you'll all change your tune. Thx, LMAO
I know what kind of needle he had in his bike..........didnt change my tune not one bit. At least NoBrakes still helps out and dosent spew idle banter, maybe that's why everyone enjoys him here.

BTW NoBrakes.............IIRC we live well within riding distance from each other.........we should get together and ride sometime......I think there's a few other KLX riders in the area as well!

Old 01-13-2008, 11:02 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4SEVEN3
BTW NoBrakes.............IIRC we live well within riding distance from each other.........we should get together and ride sometime......I think there's a few other KLX riders in the area as well!
Ha, Ha......that's a request IG will never get ..... kinda sad huh....

IG only thing I said is that the DJ Needle is supposed to be and is better than the NTC1 needle what say ye on that fact alone... if possible. Jets are jets provided they drilled the holes the right size.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

The reason my post was italicized I think is because I'm using the new laptop from work and it has Vista, I didn't pick the italicized so whatever. IG here is a better way to say what you said in your post. "well that sounds a little high for the jets, here is what I found or here is a better price. Not they saw you coming and were laughing at you. See the difference "buddy"? Oh and I only had a half cup of coffee today.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:33 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Jets are jets provided they drilled the holes the right size.
FM,

I just saw this while reading, Intresting!

http://www.dynojet.com/whats_new/Pre...OffJetKits.pdf

Old 01-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

You're proving you're a loose cannon just like the Brians, KLX'ers, and all the others who are obsessed with IG writes. You all worship, praise, and consider Brian (Nobrakes) the KF god even though he now has a KTM;
Dude! Where do you come up with this stuff? You've really missed your calling. With the writer's strike in Hollywood, now's your chance to get paid to make up stories instead of posting them for free here. Do it. You've got some really good material, why waste all that talent?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4SEVEN3

Looks like you are about an hour from me. Any good ridin up there? To be honest, it's pretty slim pickin's down here. Most of what I've been riding the past few years is now posted Gamelands and I've been avoiding the good stuff during hunting season and even now I'm leary not wanting to get ticketed or have someone turn me in. I've been hooking up with a few guys down in Southern Pines that is mostly flat sandy trails connected by pavement. That's pretty cool - it's fun drifting the rear in the flat sandy corners, it's kind've like the Pine Barrens was except the sand is not so soft or deep.

There are a few areas down here that I have yet to explore. According to Google satellite imagery, they look promising, but sometimes I go out to those places only to find it all posted no trespassing. Maybe we just need to get a few folks together and head over to Brusy Mountain some weekend?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Deej, you misspelled two words in post #25. Let's keep it clean, OK?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Deej, you misspelled two words in post #25. Let's keep it clean, OK?

Fixed

Quick Reply: Jet kit or OEM Parts?