Jet kit or OEM Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Jet kit or OEM Parts?

Just looking for jetting opinions!

Im going to do all the mods to my bike at once & just testing the waters.

Jet kit? What mfg? Or Kawasaki factory parts?

Old 01-13-2008, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Jet kit or OEM Parts?

I went with the OEM (carb) parts from Kawi.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member

I went with the factory parts also. For the majorty that didn't use oem they have the dynojet kit for the klx300. Thedynojet kit does not come with a larger pilot jet which most are using. I have heard that dynojet has a sweet needle in it. I think that you can get the oem parts cheaper then the DJ kit. One thing to also remember is if you use oem or DJ kit the main jet numbers are not the same.(ie a 128 oem main is not equal to a 128 DJ).

Old 01-13-2008, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

When I re-jetted, if I recall I purchased the main jet from Kawasaki, but the pilot jet I got from Chapparel at the counter and it was like $4 where as the main "oem" was like $30. If you have a good local source other thanKawasakiand want to save some money, take them your jets to match up and save a few bucks!

Old 01-13-2008, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

i went all kawi parts

Old 01-13-2008, 12:23 PM

I went with DJ, and extremely happy with the results combined with the other de-restricting mods.

Being that I work for a major MC parts retailer, the DJ kit was actually better/easier for me to obtain.

All I need now is a exhaust...but thats another thread!

Old 01-13-2008, 03:46 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: mole

When I re-jetted, if I recall I purchased the main jet from Kawasaki, but the pilot jet I got from Chapparel at the counter and it was like $4 where as the main "oem" was like $30. If you have a good local source other thanKawasakiand want to save some money, take them your jets to match up and save a few bucks!
you got took. all of my oem jetting parts from ronayers.com was under $35 if I remember including the N1TC (better than DJ by far), 128 main, pin and circlip, 40 pilot which I never used. If you paid $30 for one main keihin jet, they saw you coming and were laughing as you went.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Another option. FMF jet kit?

Old 01-13-2008, 04:07 PM
1st Gear Member

I used the fmf dynojet kit for the klx 300. It came with several jets and the instructions for jetting and what jets to use with your configuration. No pilot but the stock is fine. It also comes with stickers!

Old 01-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Ipaid something like $60 for the DJ kit and I still havea bunch of stuff left over, if anyone wants the other stuff that the shop didn't use its yours. Who cares what it cost, and why IG do you find it necessary to tell people that they got took or that someone laughed at them, do you see what people are talking about? Not everyone in this world cares about money, not everyone is upset because someone else got "took" who the freak cared what anyone paid for anything? Huh? I don't care what anyone else paid for stuff, but you seem to really get off on insulting others because of your perception that they are stupid in some way because they didn't get the same deal you did. You see nobody here cares what you think, get over yourself, and move on.

Quick Reply: Jet kit or OEM Parts?