James Stewart......

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
You guys know that Motocross is the most physically demanding sport... didnt they put sensors on RC? The next sport to come close is soccer.....
It's all relative. Physically demanding how? MMA and UFC seem pretty demanding to me. I used to play ice hockey, that was pretty crazy at times.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Nobrakes was spot on so that saved me alot of writing. Stewart has so much money now that doesn't matter. I believe there was some friction between Monster and Red bull though. It was the only logical choice to move to Yamaha, only vacant spot from the big 4. Villipoto moving, up can't afford 2 superstars. Watch for Reed though, Suzuki is an awesome bike with the FI and I don't think Stewart would of won the US Open in Vegas a few weeks ago if Reed didn't smack that tough block. He was on fire and smooth. Just look what Allessi did outdoors before he took the header and ended his season. It gonna be good this year.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh and after being with Fox since day one, he's switching to Answer for 09' so he can have his own signature line. There's loyalty vs. business.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

yes, Alessi is dangerously fast when he's healthy. I don't think he could've beat Stewart this year, but he could keep pace for a while. He's so tiny, it don't take much to haul his skinny **** around. Stewart is small as well, like 5'4" I think. Alessi will be back and will be a contender I think. RC of course could still wax all of them if he came out, I firmly believe that. Reed is fast too, but just can't hold the lead. He would've eventually got passed in that triple section in the US Open. Stewart was the only one tripling it. Reed's fast, but he's second fastest. I hate to say that, but it's true. But when he was #1 in SX last season, I was routing for Windham. He's such a good guy and deserves at least one SX championship.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:57 AM
1st Gear Member

hey Iowa have you been banned over at TT again? Not trying to start any ****....just asking.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Hell yeah Windham! I'm lucky enough to have High Point and Steel City to go to. Even raced on them a few times in Distict 5. We were rooting for Windham in this one section and he looked over and yelled..WHOO! You can tell he just loves to ride!

I can't play the hate game either just want to see some bar to bar racing for once. We all know what Stewart can do now that's he's matured but Yamaha had a frame issues that might of hindered Reed a bit so I'm just curious to see what he can do on a better bike.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
You guys know that Motocross is the most physically demanding sport... didnt they put sensors on RC? The next sport to come close is soccer.....
Don't you mean Enduro. You've seen Last Man Standing right?
Soccer is tough but not as tough as Aussie rules IMO. It's just more physical.

Last edited by WestOzKLX; 10-22-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

The difference between soccer and MX is that in MX you are outputting all that energy at such a high level and there is zero chance to rest, no one can substitute for you when you get tired, it is a 30 minute sprint from gate drop to checkered flag. That, PLUS, there is the huge danger factor at the same time, taking a high speed digger or a mechanical failure at 60+ MPH, being pelted by rocks and roost that can literally break bones, gagging on dust and sand. There's just no comparison, IMO. Soccer may as well be golf.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:44 AM
1st Gear Member

My son plays rugby in college. It's a brutal sport. much more physical than hockey. His Mother and I don't quite get it but he seems to really enjoy it. He's relatively large compared to most and couldn't outrun ice melting but when he does get a head of steam going and catches people it's game over. was that way when he skated too. we love that part.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lcpl0331
hey Iowa have you been banned over at TT again? Not trying to start any ****....just asking.
yeah, they don't like me too much over there. I'm the one the ref sees and I'm the one who gets the penalty when others participate in the same offenses. They're very selective in who they let post over there, alot like this place. I can always come back, but really I honestly just post over there to bug that bill_p guy. I can really push his buttons. I get a laugh out of it tbh. That site has nothing to offer anyone who has any experience with bikes. jmo

at least over here, I have friends who I can debate with who, at the end of the day, still know I'll be back tomorrow. sure, I've had runs with several, but for some reason I feel I know these guys. Some I'm not so fond of and they know who they are, but others, I respect and are the same person day in and day out. truthfully, there's only like 3-4 on here who I speak of.

Last edited by 09KLXowner; 10-22-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Quick Reply: James Stewart......