I've committed to buy a KTM 200XC-W

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 04:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Have too admit.... That things looks evil!! Always fancied a 2 stroke ktm but there far from cheap. I'm happy with my little green monster though

Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Not sure I'd ever buy a new one, but used for about half the price of new I'm OK with.
I haven't ridden a 2T since I was a kid, but if it rides anything like the 450EXC I rode(which it will because the suspension is the same) I'll be smiling so much it'll hurt.
I'm mostly excited about riding a bike that is almost 100lbs lighter with twice the power.
I might actually have to get good at wheelies.
It could turn into an epic trip to get it, there is a snow storm predicted to be at it's peak when I'm supposed to pick it up and my wagons AWD is on the fritz. Could be a long day...
And I'll always love my KLX, we've been places and done things I never thought it or I would. And with 25,000 miles on it, I think it'll be mine forever, can't imagine someone even thinking about buying a DS with that many miles.

Old 12-13-2013, 12:05 AM
1st Gear Member

I got a decent deal on mine.. It's a 2000, but the thing was street ridden it's whole life so it's pretty mint. Had a fresh top end when I got it. The thing runs incredibly.

I picked it up for $1,900 and it was already street titled and had blinkers/brake light.. Only thing I needed to buy for it was some knobbies!!

I sold my KLX351 to my good buddy for $2k with a whole bunch of spare parts. Even a spare motor. He got a good deal, I got my two stroke ripper, and everyone was happy!!

Old 12-13-2013, 03:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by CousinLarry
I got a decent deal on mine.. It's a 2000, but the thing was street ridden it's whole life so it's pretty mint. Had a fresh top end when I got it. The thing runs incredibly.

I picked it up for $1,900 and it was already street titled and had blinkers/brake light.. Only thing I needed to buy for it was some knobbies!!

I sold my KLX351 to my good buddy for $2k with a whole bunch of spare parts. Even a spare motor. He got a good deal, I got my two stroke ripper, and everyone was happy!!
Do you commute or purely a play thing?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:01 PM
1st Gear Member

It is purely play.. My commute is 22 miles.. I have taken it to work a couple times over the summer. I can get to work on a back road... But it's not really something I'd want to daily drive! hahaa

The forest I ride most is about 4 miles from my driveway.. All my other riding spots are a 20 min ride or less from my driveway - this bike is great for me. I haven't ridden it in almost two weeks.. I'm fiending!

Maximus - you picking it up Sunday?!!! I bet this is going to be the longest two days of your life. hahahaa

Old 12-13-2013, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

That's the only thing keeping my from plating a two stroke, I commute 40 miles or so a day (round trip). Another reason why I can't justify getting one of those Huskvarna FE350's

Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 AM
1st Gear Member

All I can say is,"Yeehaw!!!!!"
Picked it up after dark, so no pics, yet.
First thing I noticed...it's light as a feather! Moving it around was like moving a mtn bike when compared to the KLX.
Second thing I noticed...when you get on the pipe, yeow, hold on! I was ready but I wasn't really ready.
She starts on the first good kick, idles well, is pretty clean for a dirt bike, and will be tearing around my yard, in the snow, tomorrow AM!!!
Can't wait for spring and a hare scramble!

Old 12-22-2013, 01:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeahhh buddy! Good stuff, you're going to love it.. And heck yeah it's light, about 215lbs.

I compare mine to a mountain bike with a high strung turbo motor. It's a beast on the single track.

Abnormally warm here today - about 60.. If it's not raining when my daughter takes a nap later, I'm heading to the forest for a quick rip.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Coming home on the car...crappy phone pic in the dark. Hitch rack dangling just above the road, but I made it. Rack was flawless, my hitch mount has an unfortunate downward angle from being done incorrectly, or it was overloaded. Anyway, I had a hitch adapter + the rack, so any major road change brought the end of the beam into contact with the ground.
Despite this, no damage done and I made it.
Name:  IMG_2683_zps1e6e0969.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  78.3 KB

After a good while blowing off a lot road sand and a wipe down to remove anything else...looks pretty good.
Name:  IMG_2690_zps08a5db82.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  83.6 KB

Time to check the power valve, get some high test gas and 2T oil, and sand the crap out of my driveway. Major ice storm happening as I type, I could ice skate from my front porch to the road, 130yrds down the hill. As much as I want to ride the 200, I think I'll wait.

Previous owner had the suspension done for his weight, only 10 lbs heavier, so I should be pretty good.
Needs a real DS kit to go street legal, but once I get my hitch fixed I can carry it to wherever an ohv sticker is good.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Starting her up. Never more than 3 kicks.

Just a quick vid of starting the 200. It ran previous to this for about a minute. I would have used that video...but I hit the power button not record...so it doesn't exist.
I post some more tomorrow. Going to try and ride the 200 on my mtn bike trail around my house...it'll be fun trying to break trail in the snow.

Quick Reply: I've committed to buy a KTM 200XC-W