It's Now Official According to Kawasaki.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Default It's Now Official According to Kawasaki.com

The KLX250S is back for 2007 - virtually unchanged.

Not a surprise, but there were some folks that were concerned we had a one year wonder.

I've seen Kawasaki do this time and time again. They have a model that remains basically unchanged for several years, but does not get included with the new models on the web site. They just wait until the official announcement before letting every know the old model will be back.

No new colors, no new nothin'. Basical what we have now, except for a $100 price increase.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Default RE: It's Now Official According to Kawasaki.com

yeah it looks like the biggest change to me is that it doesnt say.......not avaiable in california at the bottom. so if im not mistakin that means they WILL be for sale here. i guess our governor just didnt like the green headlight-numberplate. and now i might actually see another klx on the road which sucks for me because i wanted to have the only one in san diego. some things just dont make sense in this world. why was it not for sale in california in the first place when the bike is virtually unchanged?

Old 10-06-2006, 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: CALISAKI

yeah it looks like the biggest change to me is that it doesnt say.......not avaiable in california at the bottom. so if im not mistakin that means they WILL be for sale here. i guess our governor just didnt like the green headlight-numberplate. and now i might actually see another klx on the road which sucks for me because i wanted to have the only one in san diego. some things just dont make sense in this world. why was it not for sale in california in the first place when the bike is virtually unchanged?

Ok, so this is my 1st post after reading this forum for awhile now. I saw that you are in the Mira Mesa area and had to let you know there is KLX250S owner in Poway, me!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:42 PM

sweet, its about time someone else in the area had one. so which state did u get yours from az or nv? i rode mine all the way to occotillo in the middle of summer, not wise. by the time i got there it was so hot i couldnt even handle it, i thought my tires would melt to the pavement. plus i was by myself so i didnt want to get too far off the beaten bath just in case something happened, and no cell phone service either. well maybe we should go riding, ive been all around east poway looking 4 some open space but its kind of hard to find. too many do not enter, private property signs. and how the heck did u know i was in mira mesa anyway thats pretty good.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh Yeah!!!
I have been waiting for this day in California!....Going to the dealer next week and see about putting down a deposit!

Old 10-07-2006, 12:03 AM

ORIGINAL: CALISAKI

sweet, its about time someone else in the area had one. so which state did u get yours from az or nv? i rode mine all the way to occotillo in the middle of summer, not wise. by the time i got there it was so hot i couldnt even handle it, i thought my tires would melt to the pavement. plus i was by myself so i didnt want to get too far off the beaten bath just in case something happened, and no cell phone service either. well maybe we should go riding, ive been all around east poway looking 4 some open space but its kind of hard to find. too many do not enter, private property signs. and how the heck did u know i was in mira mesa anyway thats pretty good.
Got mine in AZ. I have not had it out to Occotillo yet, although I go there quite often. As you found, I thought it would be too hot. I almost went last weekend but checked weather.com and decided to go to Johnson Valley, which is east of Victorville. Longer drive (I trailered it) but worth the 20 deg. cooler temps that day.

I’m not a street rider. I would say I’m 99% dirt and 1% street. I wanted a dual sport because we sometimes connect trails using “street legal only” roads or we stay in a hotel near the trails and ride on the street to and from the hotel.

Because I could not just let the bike sit there I did do a local ride. I took it out Highland Valley road, just South of Lake Hodges and into Ramona. From there I went north into Pamo valley, took a forest road, and then back through Black Canyon road. It was not quite the loop I was planning but it was still fun. In general there are lots of forest roads up that way that should be fun to explore. Here’s the GPS File from the ride. You can view this is Google Earth by selecting File: Open, then change the file type to .gpx. If you have not use Google Earth, you are in for a treat.

I figured out where you were by looking at your profile. It shows your zip code.

It would be fun to connect and go on a ride some time.

John

Old 10-07-2006, 08:30 AM

thanks strack, sounds like u know what ur doing. looks like we might have a bunch of california klx owners soon that have been just lurking so far and patiently waiting. i 4 one just couldnt wait and hope, so like u, i took matters into my own hands and purchased out of state. just 200 more miles and i can get california plates. and for all u cali lurkers waiting out there, trust me this bike is fun as hell. its nice to have a true dirtbike that u can hop on and go to the grocery store or wherever. screw yamaha wr,s everyone and their mother has one, they are as common as honda civics. cant anyone be different anymore cmon i would rather buy a crf250x than a wr and wait until the wr killer comes out, the klx450 we might not see so much blue any more.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:04 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

actually, there are new graphics and colors as the front numberplate/headlight mount is now solid white and it is different throughout the shroud as it just says KAWASAKI on the shroud and the model designation on the sidepanel/numberplate. And I think there is an option thru Kawasaki that you can get a BigGun EvoX full exhaust system and jetting before it even goes into the crate. But I think that pushes the price up significantly due to the tremendous power it develops.
Insidious...err, tremendous offer!

Old 10-09-2006, 04:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I dont know if I am the bearer of bad news of have just been misinformed but after reading here and on the Kawasaki web site about the 2007 model, I called Temple City Powersports here in California regarding the new model and was told they will not be avalible in California! Does anyone here have any additional infor regarding the avaliblty of this model in California?

Quick Reply: It's Now Official According to Kawasaki.com