Its Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Its Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!

Thanks Robert, that is an awesome write up and my first print job on my brand new printer, man this thing is the cadillac of printers. It's the Canon Pixma MP 830. Duplex printing, color and lighted display, full fax and color copier, scanner, photo card slots and photo ink, two paper trays, and a 25 page ADF (Auto Document Feeder). It has 5 ink cartridges that light up when you install them. Man this thing is the bomb......do they still say the bomb? OK I'm just excited, my Canon Multipass F80 died after 4 years and I went a month and a half without a printer. As as I do with all my new printers I copied one side of a dollar bill to see how good it is, and let's just say a guy could get into trouble with this printer......SEE YOU IN THE BIG HOUSE!! LOL 100 dollar bills half price for a limited time only.

Here is a link to a review, and no I'm not getting a commission if anyone buys one.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_...non_mp830.html

Old 09-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

arlready downed at least a pot of coffee deej?

Old 09-28-2006, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

rc's web site post tells it all. Everything on the front must come off to get to the bearings. This is a job I don't like to do often. Replace the bearing with a new one. Arround $50.00. This is a Cycle Barn Quote, look arround for best price. This is high.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

I hate to admit it, but I think all the washing of my bike is letting water into the steering stem. [:@][&:] Oh well, hey on another note, does anyone have a number stamped on their stock bars? Mine says 83. Does that mean mine was #83 on the assembly line?

Old 09-28-2006, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Mine have the 83 stamped in them as well. Now go ride through some mud and let it dry.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok so I just couldn't stand it anymore and besides that it was beginning to become a safety issue. The steering was really starting to annoy me when it would get stuck and have to be forced over on slow corners, so I decided to tackle the project today. So enjoy the pics.

All ready to be taken apart.

And of course good tools and organization is a must for any job. And yes that's a container of comet, back off.
Name:  Picture_0265.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  132.1 KB

Hey look, old school chopper look.......ok maybe not.
Name:  Picture_0264.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  81.5 KB

Man the instructions about the klx 300 dirt bike made it look easy, but with our bikes we have a lot more stuff to get out of the way.
Name:  Picture_0263.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  76.7 KB

Top clampectomy
Name:  Picture_0262.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  72.4 KB

I think it was at this point that I started to wonder if I was going to get this thing back together
Name:  Picture_0261.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  87.3 KB

What a mess!!!
Name:  Picture_0260.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  117.8 KB

Top bearing, looking a little brown. They really don't put much grease in these things.
Name:  Picture_0258.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  68.5 KB

Bottom bearing. I expected the bottom to be worse, but the top was actually the one that looked really bad.
Name:  Picture_0257.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  72.1 KB

Last pic
Name:  Picture_0256.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  116.2 KB

Well that's it. From start to finish it was less than 2 hours, went for a test ride, and its perfect.

Old 09-30-2006, 04:25 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Awesome photos, deej - I'm really glad you did this as I've been wanting to do mine and now I know exactly what to expect. Thanks man!

BTW, was the brown on those bearings coming from rust? If so, I'm going to dig into mine ASAP.

BBTW, from what I hear, we can expect the same lack of grease on the swingarm bearings, so that maybe should be the next project. I think Marty already did his and mentioned they were pretty dry.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:42 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Awesome photos, deej - I'm really glad you did this as I've been wanting to do mine and now I know exactly what to expect. Thanks man!

BTW, was the brown on those bearings coming from rust? If so, I'm going to dig into mine ASAP.

BBTW, from what I hear, we can expect the same lack of grease on the swingarm bearings, so that maybe should be the next project. I think Marty already did his and mentioned they were pretty dry.

Well I think its just from water mixing with the grease, but the rollers are brown, but in good shape, so I think I caught it in time. Also the shaft had drops of water on it, and like I said before, it hasn't rained for 3 months. And I don't really go through water that much, but maybe all those washes did me in. If you are a river crosser or deep water rider then you probably need to check things out. Just because its not hanging up doesn't mean its ok.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Double post error GRRRRRRRR

Old 09-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej
An I don't really go through water that much, but maybe all those washes did me in ...
Do you use a pressure washer? That might do it, but I doubt a normal hosing would have enough pressure to get in there. At any rate, the grease not only lubricates the bearings, but also seals out the water. Sounds like there's not enough in there for the latter purpose.

Quick Reply: Its Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!