Interesting Dual Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:01 PM
1st Gear Member

I have to disagree with the website's claim of a "true" 50/50 dualsport. Something that big and heavy ain't making it down any trails I ride. That's an adventure bike not a dualsport.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:38 PM
1st Gear Member

its all the rider, i have riden with a guy on a bmw dakar that could get his bike in places you couldnt get your klx, and theres a guy on the adv west forum that takes a ktm adventure to places your wouldnt beleve (and ill probally never go). heres a sample. i think its a true 50/50, the klx DEFINALLY isnt (cant keep up on the freeway number one). if i had 17 grand, i would buy one. Oh, and a tire id would be nice, they look like they would hook up.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Essentially it's the Ducati Hypermotard with nobbies. I could never imagine spending $15+G's on a bike that I'm going to take offroading! Instead I'd buy a KLX for the dirt $5g, a used cruiser for the highway $5g, and a used sportbike for the city $5G. But that's coming from a middle working class citizen.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by punkenduro09
its all the rider, i have riden with a guy on a bmw dakar that could get his bike in places you couldnt get your klx, and theres a guy on the adv west forum that takes a ktm adventure to places your wouldnt beleve (and ill probally never go). heres a sample. i think its a true 50/50, the klx DEFINALLY isnt (cant keep up on the freeway number one). if i had 17 grand, i would buy one. Oh, and a tire id would be nice, they look like they would hook up.
I agree. it's all rider and not the bike.

Nice Ducati though, got me horny, no KTM Adventure 990r

Old 08-04-2009, 06:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I guess if the rider was Arnold Schwarzeneggar or Jonathan Beille... there's no way anybody I know could squeeze that 400 pound beheamoth between trees too narrow to fit my chopped bars between (or the pegs for that matter) up a hill in a turn.

I'm with Dane on this one. Lemme get a 09 KLX450, and a Harley, and money left over for Jack Daniels

Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM
1st Gear Member

i just sent them an email asking what tires they are.. ill reply if they fill me in.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya'll have seen this right? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-DuzXcQ4qM. I hope thats the right link.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:06 PM
1st Gear Member

There was one of these on that Thrill-n-Chill ride in West Greenwich. He got that thing thru some pretty tight and nasty single trac. I always thought it was a monster with some MX suspension bogged on it. I think those are Tereflex tires. Not sure though cause I didn't look to close at the side walls.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Sweet bike, but more than I'd want to try to toss around some of the trails I ride. Maybe I'm not that good of a rider, maybe I'm good enough to know I'm not that good lol.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by skubidoobie
Maybe I'm not that good of a rider, maybe I'm good enough to know I'm not that good lol.
You may have said that in jest, but's it's a true story that a wise man is very aware of what he doesn't know. The rest of us ride around like Homer Simpson and go "doh!" when we clip that tree for the second time...... Darwin had a sense of humor.

Quick Reply: Interesting Dual Sport