interchange parts from d-tracker to klx250sf?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member
Wink interchange parts from d-tracker to klx250sf?

Has anyone looked into this? i mean i dont know what the benefit of it would be unless they have different after market parts that they dont offer here in the states. It just something that could maybe be helpful down the road. Its kind of depressing the limited number of aftermarket parts for the bike. everybody that has the bike, does exact same thing(besides me) :P.

p.s. there is a new graphics kit for the klx250s and 250sf but didnt save the URL but when i find it again i will post it.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Considering they are both the same bike except for the FI on the D-Tracker, I don't see why not. If you look at pictures of the D-Tracker and KLX, you'll notice they carry the same aftermarket parts. I think whatever is available for the DT in Asia, is available for the KLX in the US.
On a side note, it's a shame neither bike is offered in green colors.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I wonder how hard it would be to get the FI set up from a D-tracker and in stall?

If you find the graphics kit please post, I'm trying to find some one to print my design but no one I've talked to has dies for the klx so they will print them but not cut them.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bweekley
I wonder how hard it would be to get the FI set up from a D-tracker and in stall?

If you find the graphics kit please post, I'm trying to find some one to print my design but no one I've talked to has dies for the klx so they will print them but not cut them.
Trust me, you dont want the FI for your KLX, here in the UK we only get the FI fitted to the KLX250 & with the cutting out problem im having with mine with the bad ECU (due to the Kawasaki UK being useless morons not re-calling bikes like thailand did to fit new ECU's), I wish I could just have a carb fitted instead as the bike would actually work properly.. Also, there is no tuning goodies for the FI bike apart from the two bros. juicebox meaning you cant fit any big bore kits or the goodies you can fit with the carb models..

Ed.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah I guess your right Big-Ed so how hard would it be for you to switch to a carb?

Old 04-12-2010, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

well i found the website that has the graphics. http://www.autotrimdesign.net/
its an ok graphic kit, but its a start!
its kind of spendy tho compared to others.

Old 04-12-2010, 05:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bweekley
yeah I guess your right Big-Ed so how hard would it be for you to switch to a carb?
Simple anwser is it would be a nightmare, all the electronics go through the ECU for the FI to monitor everything, & the cost to buy all the kit to convert to carb means it would be easier to buy another bike tbh...

Originally Posted by nitronick22
well i found the website that has the graphics. http://www.autotrimdesign.net/
its an ok graphic kit, but its a start!
its kind of spendy tho compared to others.
AMR Racing do a range of graphics for the 09 KLX250s.. http://www.amrracing.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=5 They are in the pull down menu's.

Ed

Old 04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
1st Gear Member

I´ve heard the D-Tracker in Europe has some kind of "limiter" on the ECU to reduce power and top speed. When Kawi started importing this model to Brazil, there were some bad press on the moto magazines about the bike being a POS - limited power and speed. Word is that the dealers were authorized by Kawi to disable the "limiter" on the ECU if the customer requested to do so. Future reviews were good, then.
You can do the big bore conversion on the D-Tracker with no problems, if you use the Juice Box Pro or Power Commander.
There´s a guy on thumpertalk that put a KK 330 bore kit on a FI D-Tracker with success. At the time 2Bros didn´t even have the Juice Box Pro available, which makes fuel re-mapping possible and the conversion much easier. He used the Juice Box (non-pro).
I am sorry to hear about the issues with your bike, man.

Last edited by Malves; 04-15-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member