Installing IMS Tank need to mount some fans

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DualSport
Thanks so much for your help NOBRAKES. I found a site that has plastic ties for mounting fans to radiators. If anyone else is interested here is the link: http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...8bba1c6b1f4ed3

I just ordered some of them!
Yep, that's them:

Old 02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BouncingRadical
Hey NoBrakes, if its not to much to ask, I was wondering if i could get a full shot of your bike to see how the IMS tank sits on the bike, the acerbis looks absurd and the clarke only adds a little bit more. From what I read here it sounds like you can still use shrouds of your choice.
Here she is/was:

The shrouds require a little trimming to fit the IMS tank.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Great write up and pics Brian, another great example of members helping members. Nice.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Here she is/was:

The shrouds require a little trimming to fit the IMS tank.
You da man, NoBrakes I knew that you'd 'wake up and help him out with some good info on Dual Sports' project. That's one that's also still on my "to do" list.

Happy Trails,

Old 02-21-2009, 12:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks a ton NoBrakes!

Old 02-21-2009, 01:09 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

No prob, fellers. I got tons of old KLX pictures fillin' up my hard drive. It's good to put them to productive use every now and then.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the install tip for rad fans. I also have a pair mounted w a bracket I fabbed and may now change.Not sure where to post this info.Deej, help me out.Somebody was looking for aftermarket shift levers.IMS and Moose make ones about the same as stock(06).I they are too short and can't be set up high enough.So,I tried a Moose (steel)that's for a Honda 650. It's what I've been wanting since day one.It's longer and sticks out enough so it clears the case to set up much higher.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NEWPARTSRULE
Thanks for the install tip for rad fans. I also have a pair mounted w a bracket I fabbed and may now change.Not sure where to post this info.Deej, help me out.Somebody was looking for aftermarket shift levers.IMS and Moose make ones about the same as stock(06).I they are too short and can't be set up high enough.So,I tried a Moose (steel)that's for a Honda 650. It's what I've been wanting since day one.It's longer and sticks out enough so it clears the case to set up much higher.

Well first of all welcome to the forums. Stop by the New Members area and give us a proper introduction. Also give us a double space after each sentence so it doesn't look like one long thought. Don't mind me, that's just part of my OCD sickness.

Old 03-06-2009, 04:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey newparts, give us some more info, or better yet start a thread about what you found works for the shifter. I don't think anyone has found a different shifter for these bikes. Start a new thread with a title something like " replacement shift lever" (more people will see it and it will show up in future searches if someone is looking for new shift levers) then tell us what you found- brand, part no., etc, and include what year/model bike you got it to work on. I'm interested to hear all this as I've bent my stocker a few times and would like to have a spare around, and it would be nice not to have to pay dealer price for an OEM one. Welcome to KF, Dan

Last edited by dan888; 03-06-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I just wanted to make certain that everyone understands that it is important to install some kind of cushioning between ANYTHING that touches the radiator TUBES (the part of the radiator which carries the coolant). This is especially important for bikes used mainly off-road. Those radiator tubes are VERY thin and anything which is in contact with them CAN rub through them. . . . instant coolant leak. . . . system IS pressurized! I would recommend using foam tape BETWEEN the fan frames and the radiators. The above mentioned (by DualSport and nobrakes) plastic ties work very well in this application.

And newparts. . . . PLEASE write up a report on the shifter you found, Include photos, if possible. Like others, here, I've bent mine several times already.

Quick Reply: Installing IMS Tank need to mount some fans