Installed THE MUZZY!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:19 AM
Default RE: Installed THE MUZZY!

Todd, so where is it!!!! I'm in suspense of your reaction.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:00 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=Awwww.gif][sm=bling.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif]

SWEET LORD A'MIGHTY!!! THIS MUZZY SYSTEM IS PERFECT!!

Just the right sound and the performance rocks, rocks, rocks!!!!!

Old 03-31-2006, 08:09 AM

lol, u guys are gonna make me go broke.... sounds like a must..

Old 03-31-2006, 08:57 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

"Waiting is the hardest part..."

Stock exhaust off and trashed.

UPS site reports my Muzzy is "Out for delivery"

Sitting on porch waiting for the brown truck...
Hope you didn't really trash it ... you could more than likely sell it on ebay

Old 03-31-2006, 02:38 PM

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=Awwww.gif][sm=bling.gif][sm=drooldude.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=happybounce.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif]

OH Hell yes!!! So does it sound like its wayyyyy too loud?? Or does it give it just enough umph to make it sound like a real motorcycle? When I drilled the Exhaust I couldn't tell a difference in the sound what so ever, which is exactly what you said. You didn't happen to make a recording of it did you?? Oh ya
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 03-31-2006, 02:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Mav: No didn't actually throw it in the trash (though I was tempted). Dumped it on the pile of take-offs that may be needed some day if the draconian EPA gets their way.

Inca: Someone's getting the sound files worked out. The pipe is very throaty at idle. Not loud at all. About 5K RPM (testing range at the park) it is louder than stock by a good bit but nowhere near drag-pipe level. When you hammer the throttle, it barks pretty loud as you would expect but still way below typical Harley level. But that sound! Oh gawd is it sweet! I couldn't stop laughing out loud when I rode it the first time and shouting YES, YES, YES!. It makes me so happy!

Old 03-31-2006, 05:12 PM

Now is this with the quiet core and spark arrestor inn, or are you just running the muffler open?

Old 03-31-2006, 06:03 PM
JC

OK, no mods yet, but now I am dead set on making the MUZZY the first. I have heard everyone talk about carb jetting first, before changing to MUZZY and have seen reports of of different needle settings. Todd or Motoguy, can you please report your opinions on the carb jetting and experiences. I know it is here in another posting somewhere, just can't find a concrete answer. I REALLY want to rejet so I can order the MUZ.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JC

OK, no mods yet, but now I am dead set on making the MUZZY the first. I have heard everyone talk about carb jetting first, before changing to MUZZY and have seen reports of of different needle settings. Todd or Motoguy, can you please report your opinions on the carb jetting and experiences. I know it is here in another posting somewhere, just can't find a concrete answer. I REALLY want to rejet so I can order the MUZ.
Re-jetting, changing the needle, and drilling the carb slide vent had the most impact on the bike for me. Throttle response improved greatly as did performance across the board.

Opening the airbox and exhaust (KDX nozzle and Muzzy) along with the crank case vent and 13t C/S did the rest. Do it all!

Tons of good info here and here

Old 04-01-2006, 04:32 AM

How does it feel with the 125 main jet? I'm wondering if I'm a little rich with the 128 and the dynojet needle which is tapered much more aggressivly than the standard adjustable needle you have in there.

Quick Reply: Installed THE MUZZY!