Installed THE MUZZY!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:42 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Installed THE MUZZY!

ORIGINAL: incabiker

Very true, they gave me a 10-14 day waiting period also. Seems like yours is just shy of the 14 days. Even though it falls into what they predicted, to me it's still a long time to wait half a month, lol. But true to their word, they did deliver to you just like they said.
I hope someone at Muzzy has noticed the sudden spike in demand for this system. If so, it mus have them scratching their heads given that so few aftermarket vendors have assoiciated our bike with the long running KLX300R in their minds.

Old 03-29-2006, 08:29 PM
JC

I agree, it seems that those who have the Muzzy are very pleased with it and that makes it tempting to alot of us, me included. Hopefully Muzzy will not have a supply problem as more people invest in the aftermarket exhaust.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Well,, I now know what all the fuss was about. I got a little brown box today from UPS and it put a gigantic grin on my face. Opening the box and tearing into that bubble wrap and seeing that shinny silver pipe with that little wonderfull word "MUZZY" Ohh what a feeling.

I have made a sound recording of the stock pipe with a video... as soon as I install this bad boy and get the carb set right I will make a recording of the new pipe jetted and will send it to you Tony.

Im so excited....

Old 03-30-2006, 02:59 AM

The video will be best illustrated by having a small child (under 5) first laughing at the sound of the stock bike. Then holding his ears from the roar of the Muzzy equipped machine. There is a photo on this webiste somewhere of a kid covering his ears form the sound of the pipe.

Old 03-30-2006, 03:21 AM

I got 2 kids, I will do this... lol. I will leave the quiet core and spark arrestor when I 1st start it up, that way it will be roaring and my kids will go flying back into the house!!! Will be about 2 weeks before that happens though[].
If I dont get the High performance snorkel before I get the Jet kit and the Muzzy, is it ok to go ahead and jet it like it would be using a higher performance snorkle, I just don't want to dig into the carb more then I have too. Will this cause a "way too rich condition" and mess up the bike. I really dont like the idea of taking the snorkle off, when I drilled the Air box and cleaned out the filter last night I noticed that mud made its way into the carb tube!! There is alot of mud here in georgia and it will keep being like this throughout the spring.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:04 AM

ORIGINAL: incabiker
If I dont get the High performance snorkel before I get the Jet kit and the Muzzy, is it ok to go ahead and jet it like it would be using a higher performance snorkle, I just don't want to dig into the carb more then I have too. Will this cause a "way too rich condition" and mess up the bike. I really dont like the idea of taking the snorkle off, when I drilled the Air box and cleaned out the filter last night I noticed that mud made its way into the carb tube!! There is alot of mud here in georgia and it will keep being like this throughout the spring.
At higher RPM's it might get a little rich, but under 7000RPM you probably won't notice a diffrence with the stock snorkle. Although if mud made it into the carb tube with the stock snorkle, nothing will stop it. That really suprises me. You must have gottne quite a bit of muddy water thrown up onto the seat. The filter media will stop airborn dust, but very fine dust and waterborn fine dirt will probably get through. Anything that fine won't hurt the engine because it's not abbrasive enough and when dry is easily exhausted out of the cylinder.

Old 03-30-2006, 06:05 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

I have made a sound recording of the stock pipe with a video... as soon as I install this bad boy and get the carb set right I will make a recording of the new pipe jetted and will send it to you Tony.
Most Excellent!

Old 03-30-2006, 05:13 PM
1st Gear Member

"Waiting is the hardest part..."

Stock exhaust off and trashed.

UPS site reports my Muzzy is "Out for delivery"

Sitting on porch waiting for the brown truck...

Old 03-30-2006, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Todd you said in an earler post something about removing the air valve to prevent discoloration of the head pipe. How would you go about doing this. I have been looking around for old post on the subject but I must have missed it somewhere. I have not done anything to the air valve or the air box as of yet. I didnt really think that was to important. I didnt want the hollow sound that someone said it causes. what are your thoughts?

Old 03-30-2006, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

Todd you said in an earler post something about removing the air valve to prevent discoloration of the head pipe. How would you go about doing this. I have been looking around for old post on the subject but I must have missed it somewhere. I have not done anything to the air valve or the air box as of yet. I didnt really think that was to important. I didnt want the hollow sound that someone said it causes. what are your thoughts?
Only goodness comes from removing the air valve system. There are three holes to plug when you do. One is on the airbox. That takes a 1/2" rubber plug. One is on the top front edge of the carb. This takes a 1/4" plug. The other is on the front left side of the head. Plug this by cutting the attached hose off to 1" in length and then stick a 3/8" hose plug in there and seal it with High Temp ATV silicone. Your done. All parts under $2 from Lowes or Home Depot. NOTE: Verify plug sizes before you buy, they were taken from memory.

The airbox sound is only a problem (IMHO) if you remove the lid altogether. If you're worried about it, leave the lid on and buy the KDX200 snorkle from Kawasaki to replace your snorkle and you'll get way better airflow with no more noise.

Quick Reply: Installed THE MUZZY!