Installed THE MUZZY!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 12:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Installed THE MUZZY!

ORIGINAL: incabiker

So Todd, get our Muzzy yet??
I called Starcycle to cancel my order for the Muzzy which I placed on Friday, and they said that Muzzy has already shipped the order to them so that it can be sent to me from Starcycles place. Doesn't seem like they are short on the Mufflers like everyones been talking about. For me to cancel my order it would be a 20% Restock fee, which I will in no way in hell pay. So I decided to just take the pipe. I was just going to leave my bike stock, but I guess now I have no choice[:@]. I was gonna use that money to buy a nice mac daddy helmet. Oh well, looks like I'll have to just add more power too it.
Well, that's good news (I think). You'll be glad you have it once it's installed.

I can't get starcycle to respond to email. Guess I'll have to call them.

Old 03-28-2006, 05:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Woo Hoo! Muzzy shipped to me today! Install report in a few days!

Old 03-28-2006, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: bmwhd

Woo Hoo! Muzzy shipped to me today! Install report in a few days!
Be prepared for that instant grin on your face the first time you fire her up!

Old 03-28-2006, 02:34 PM

Todd do the noise test for all of us if you have a recorder lol. Or maybe I will if I can find a recorder.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:12 PM

So Moto128, did you get to see what the gas mileage is now that you have had the Muzzy on the bike for a little while now? How much did it fall from stock.
So what is the official numbers now from everyone who has calculated there miles per gallon with stock vs the rejetted, Muzzy fitted bike? The stock bike with a 1.9 gallon tank that gets 60 mpg will theoretically get us 114 miles until we are bone dry. If we lose 10 MPG after the rejet and the Muzzy, then we will get 95 mpg until we are bone dry, that doesn't seem to be that dramatic of a decrease to me. We will be losing 19 miles. Maybe I can stick with this little tank and just siphon all the gas from the guys on the V-stroms
My god this bike is eating alot of my money[:@]. I need to stop reading these forums. I guess now that I'm going to install the Muzzy I need to buy the IMS tank, ohh look another $200.00..... ouch. Add it all up, alot o doh.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:17 AM

IT depends on how you want to look at the mileage. For me it dropped about 15mpg because the biek makes more power, therefore I accelerate harder and can crusie at a faster speed. I also dropped the gearing, so I'm running higher RPM's. Overall it's tough to make a direct comparison.

This weekend I only rode on trials. I used at least 1.5 gallons to cover 30 miles, but my average speed was around 15mph, half of that was laps aroudn the MX track and I lost at least 1/2 gallon from the bike laying on it's side.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:41 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm getting 52-55 mpg with all the mods except the Muzzy (which arrives on Thursday!!!) I'm going to keep the 125 jet in to start and then try a 128 to see how it compares.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:24 PM

Since I drilled the crank case last night, I was thinking of drilling the Stock Exhaust today with the 1/2" bit. Would this create a way too lean condition with the stock carb settings? I don't have the Dyno jet kit yet, but if it will create problems with the carb without rejetting then I can do without. Seems like it is going to take forever to get all my stuff in. Bikebandit was out of stock on the Dyno jet, the snorkle, well you can see by Todds post how long it will take to get the Muzzy. So I still got a while to go until I can make any signifigant changes.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: incabiker

Since I drilled the crank case last night, I was thinking of drilling the Stock Exhaust today with the 1/2" bit. Would this create a way too lean condition with the stock carb settings? I don't have the Dyno jet kit yet, but if it will create problems with the carb without rejetting then I can do without. Seems like it is going to take forever to get all my stuff in. Bikebandit was out of stock on the Dyno jet, the snorkle, well you can see by Todds post how long it will take to get the Muzzy. So I still got a while to go until I can make any signifigant changes.
Just drilling the exhaust without changes to the airbox won't be a problem. Re-jet when you get the snorkle and/or the Muzzy.

BTW, UPS man comes tomorrow with my Muzzy!!!! Just within the original time window given me by starcycle at order time.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:26 PM

Very true, they gave me a 10-14 day waiting period also. Seems like yours is just shy of the 14 days. Even though it falls into what they predicted, to me it's still a long time to wait half a month, lol. But true to their word, they did deliver to you just like they said.

Quick Reply: Installed THE MUZZY!